General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

E350 throwing codes need help..

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Default E350 throwing codes need help..

Hey guys new to this board but thought I would ask anyway.. Here is what i have...

This post is for you engine guys.. I have a 97 Duchmen express on a E350 Chassis. The motor I believe is a 460.with about 48K on it.... Here is my problem, when I was returning home from my son’s race weekend the coach started to stall out entering the freeway. It acted like I was out of fuel, I would eas up on the peddle and she starts to go a little then chokes out again. I made it to the nearest gas station and let it set for a few min and continued on home after toping the fuel of because it was a little low but made it home with no return of the problem. This weekend however it came back and this time I did get a code reader do to the fact the check engine light keeps coming on. Here are the codes that i am getting.
P0174 System too Lean (Bank 2)
P0171 System too Lean (Bank 1)
P0136 02 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 sensor 2)
P1130 Lack of H02S11 Switches - Fuel Trim at Limit
P1150 Lack of H02S21 Switches - Fuel Trim at Limit
P1151 Lack of H02S21 Switches - Sensor Indicates Lean

I did go ahead and change the fuel filter with no luck and then last night decided to go ahead and throw a new Fuel Pump in as well[:@]. Still no luck and getting to the bottom of this is killing me. So I guess I have to ask for any help that someone may know what would be causing my problem????...
Thanks for any help in advanced.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Default RE: E350 throwing codes need help..

Looking at you codes I would have thrown a fuel filter on it my self . Now is it still acting up ???. the codes wont go away by them self, u have to erase them, easist way is to disconnect the battery for a few minutes , the start vechile an drive it for about 5 miles . however some times they will act up for a bit till the computer relearns what itsa suppose to due., An with it over 48K u said ,, I would put a new 02 senser on her , back in the day we didnt replace them till they went bad, Now the rule of thumb is like every 30,000 miles, cause as they get older they dont work as well ( like us ppl ), an if its off calibration it throws everything off ,, Let us know what u find

Old 07-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Default RE: E350 throwing codes need help..

I think on some Chevy's they where having this problem at 1/4 tank. Turned out that they moved the in tank fuel pump up and had a plastic straw going down to the fuel. The straw would get cracks in it and it would start acting-up. If your coach is only acting-up at low fuel, maybe you have a problem in the tank, say a fuel hose, or bad pump. Check it useing a fuel pressure gauge when its acting-up. If the pressure drops you know you have a problem there. Also I heard the dual tank switch valve can cause this type of problem. good luck