General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Are superchips really super?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 06:49 AM
Former Sponsor
Default Are superchips really super?

Automobile manufacturers must compete in a marketplace where fuel consumption, horsepower and torque are big factors, but they must also comply with emissions and other regulations. To meet these demands modern cars are controlled by computers. The computer, known as an ECU (Engine Control Unit), controls all engine settings like the air/fuel mixture, ignition timing and idle speed. A quick and easy way to do this and upgrade your vehicle’s performance is with a “superchip”, also known as an aftermarket performance chip. Aftermarket performance chips are made to adjust parameters to increase engine power and torque. The effects of the superchip can be easily reversed just by plugging it into the ECU and choosing the reset option, which will cause the ECU to revert to the factory settings. Overall, upgrading your ECU settings with a superchip is a fairly simple and low cost alternative for the everyday auto enthusiast.

Select your year model, check prices and choose superchips here: Performance Chips & Programmers at CARiD.com

Banks® - AutoMind™ Programmer http://www.carid.com/2014-ford-exped...-26050678.html

SUPERCHIPS® - Cortex Programmer http://www.carid.com/superchips/cortex-programmer.html

Hypertech® - Speedometer Calibrator http://www.carid.com/hypertech/speed...alibrator.html

SUPERCHIPS® - Flashpaq Tuner http://www.carid.com/superchips/flashpaq-tuner.html

Have any of you tried them and what is your opinion on this products?

Last edited by carid; 10-15-2014 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:31 AM

Still, I am not trying this. I too want a Suggestion. Can anyone?

Old 10-09-2014, 08:49 AM
Former Sponsor

These programmers are quite popular today. They feature 3 driving modes that you can choose: Fuel Economy, Towing and Maximum performance. The engine and transmission will be set to maximum power output or fuel saving mode according to your selection. As you know stock engine of a regular F150 works only in one universal mode.
On economy mode it will allow you to get few extra miles per gallon. In the performance mode it may result in 10-15 HP + (depending on the engine setup).

Old 12-02-2014, 04:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Hey guys!

If you always wanted to see what your vehicle is really capable of, then its the right time to check it with Hypertech superchips!

Impressive sale from Hypertech!

Purchase Hypertech products today and save up to $50 OFF the original price! Don't miss out, this offer expires on December 31, 2014!

Old 03-30-2015, 07:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Incredible sale from Superchips and EDGE!

Don't miss your chance to buy Superchips and receive 10% off. Buy any Edge products and get your 10% OFF! Do not hesitate and make your purchase right now, these offers are valid through April 15, 2015!

Click here to check all Performance Chips: Performance Chips & Power Programmers - CARiD.com

Old 05-10-2022, 03:32 PM

Thanks for the analytics. I wanted to know more about these chips because I want to upgrade the engine for more horsepower. I was looking for a lot of information about this until I found a site with Performance Exhaust For Focus ST ,here is information for pros and beginners on how to improve your car

Last edited by thomasv; 05-14-2022 at 05:46 PM.