General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Tire pressure monitoring

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Default Tire pressure monitoring

I have a 2004 freestar that we bought on sale in Feb. On our first trip the Tire pressure monitor light came on. I check the tire pressures and all were correct. I took it into the dealer for a service. On the next service, the van came back with the tire pressure light on. We took it back and the dealer told us that they would order new sensors. We were also getting a sticking lift gate fixed as well. When we returned to the dealer, they fixed the lift gate, but the tire pressure light was still on. We complained to the service manager who said he had no knowlege of parts needing to be ordered. They took the van back in and it came back with the light off.

I think they just disconnected the sensor module to put this off as they can't be bothered to fix it.

Does anyone know where ford put the sensor box. I have had a look around and can't see anything obvious. I have a service manual on order, but it will take a week to get here.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:39 AM
Default RE: Tire pressure monitoring

I WORK FOR FORD AND THOSE GUYS HAVE TO BE IDIOTS IF THEY COUDNT FIX THIE FIRST ALL TIRES MUST BE SET AT 36PSI WITH A DIGITAL GUAGE BEFORE SETTING TIRES CHECK ALL 4 AND IF ONE IS LOWER THAN THE OTHERS THEN THERE IS PROBABLY A NAIL IN THAT TIRE NEXT IF ALL OF THIS IS OK AND TIRES ARE SET TO 36 THEN THE DEALER NEEDS TO RECALIBRATE THE SENSORS WITH A SPECIAL TOOL WE HAVE ALL SHOULD BE OK AFT THAT IF NOT THEY CAN SCAN FOR CODES TO POINT THEM IN A DIRECTION AND I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY SENSORS GO BAD YET HOPE THIS HELPS