Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Tires Out of balance

Old 04-24-2016, 09:46 AM
Default Tires Out of balance

I own a 2011 f150 xlt and for the past 2 weeks i have had to get my tires rebalanced 9 times had it to a ford dealership nothing any suggestions. Just fyi i havent hit anything i dont hotrod it just around town and a 20 miles drive on the hiway to work.

Last edited by JBlaske; 04-24-2016 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Added something
Old 04-24-2016, 04:34 PM

As you are probably aware , lead tire weights are on the way out because of the lead problem. Don't know what kind of wheels are on your vehicle , but if they are special they may be using stick on weights that are are coming off, might be a good idea to check them after a rebalance to mark where they are so you can tell if they are coming off.
Then comes the question ,,,,
Are you telling the service people to balance the wheels or are you asking them to check for some other reason for the problem. Sometimes service places will do as requested knowing that what they are doing will not solve the problem, but were not asked to check the vehicle just do what the customer wanted.
There are other possible causes among which could be installing alloy wheels with an impact wrench instead of tightening them by hand with a torque wrench. Do any of these suggestions ring a bell with you ?

Old 04-26-2016, 02:07 AM

Stock tire size or overgrown tires?
Stock rims or aftermarket/overgrown?
Front, rear or both?
New or original shocks/lift kit?

Old 04-26-2016, 01:48 PM

welcome on a board !!

Old 04-26-2016, 04:32 PM

describe the symptoms.
shimmey transferred into the steerng wheel? vibration felt through the body? at what speeds does the problem occur? worse at higher speeds? p tires or lt?

When did this problem start? Did it come on gradually?

radial tire variation is another possibility. tires with xs-ive rtv will balance perfect on a machine but shimmy and shake on the highway. Road force balancing will rule this out.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by primem
describe the symptoms.
shimmey transferred into the steerng wheel? vibration felt through the body? at what speeds does the problem occur? worse at higher speeds? p tires or lt?

When did this problem start? Did it come on gradually?

radial tire variation is another possibility. tires with xs-ive rtv will balance perfect on a machine but shimmy and shake on the highway. Road force balancing will rule this out.
Agreed with you !!