New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

2007 Ford Edge Rough Idle, transmission issue and whinning

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Default 2007 Ford Edge Rough Idle, transmission issue and whinning

I have a 2007 ford edge SEL AWD. Recently had 3 coils replaced and all new spark plugs changed at a local auto shop. I also had a speed sensor replaced at a mr transmission at which time they had to replace the tranny fluid. Since i have had the car back it runs like crap! It has a rough idle when first started, transmission has a hard time switching gears sometimes not all the time and sometimes clunks in to gear especially up hill if i hit the gas. It feels as if the engine is working extremely overtime when going up hill also. I also can hear a whining or whistle noise coming from the front end when the car is in park. I'm unsure if the whistle/whining is there when the car is moving. The whistle whining seems to be coming from the side where the transmission is. I have had it into a ford dealer twice and obviously they can not find anything wrong with it like they always say! I took it to another shop they told me they did a smoke test for vacuum leak but im not so sure they really did! Anybody have any ideas or suggestions or had this same time of situation occur? any help would be much appreciated because ive parked the car and wont use it until i find out what the heck is going on.

Old 02-22-2022, 07:48 AM
Default Good luck

Originally Posted by Jon Nisbett
I have a 2007 ford edge SEL AWD. Recently had 3 coils replaced and all new spark plugs changed at a local auto shop. I also had a speed sensor replaced at a mr transmission at which time they had to replace the tranny fluid. Since i have had the car back it runs like crap! It has a rough idle when first started, transmission has a hard time switching gears sometimes not all the time and sometimes clunks in to gear especially up hill if i hit the gas. It feels as if the engine is working extremely overtime when going up hill also. I also can hear a whining or whistle noise coming from the front end when the car is in park. I'm unsure if the whistle/whining is there when the car is moving. The whistle whining seems to be coming from the side where the transmission is. I have had it into a ford dealer twice and obviously they can not find anything wrong with it like they always say! I took it to another shop they told me they did a smoke test for vacuum leak but im not so sure they really did! Anybody have any ideas or suggestions or had this same time of situation occur? any help would be much appreciated because ive parked the car and wont use it until i find out what the heck is going on.
I have this same whistle coming from the passenger side tire area. Now the engine light comes on with small emissions vacuum leak. Replaced gas cap and the part that connects to the firewall with 2 air hoses can't think of the name but it idles in park at around 400 now in park. At startup it idles at 1400 for about 10 minutes until I put it in drive. Your jerking won't go away it's the way they did these trans in these cars. Our input and output censor went out and we thought that might have been why it was jerking. I replaced both those censors inside the trans and it still jerks shifting into 2ns and 3rd. It's a ridiculous thing to listen to Ford tell you that's normal. Nothing is normal about your car sounding like it's going to fall apart.