New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Introduce myself and ask for help

Old 05-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Default Introduce myself and ask for help

Hi my name is joe, and I have a blog where I try and post whatever I can about Ford and related products. http://www.myforddreams.blogspot.com .
I live in NY just north of the city and drive a 99 Ranger. But I've had quite a few fords over the years, 93 Taurus SHO, 92 Crown Victoria, 91 Mustang LX 5.0 notchback, 88 Festiva, 79 Pinto, 78 Thunderbird, 77 Lincoln Versailes, 67 Fairlane. I love Ford and anything related to Ford.

I have a request for information. I know that in 1965 or 66 Ford toyed with the idea of putting a Wankel Rotory Engine in the Mustang and that a prototype was built. I also know that the car was not crushed as most concepts are. I was wondering if anyone knows of a website that may have information on this concept or pictures of it. It's a red fastback, I've seen it in magazines over the years and on television once or twice.

If you can point me in the right direction, please email me at myforddreams@aol.com

Thanks,
Joe

Old 08-12-2019, 08:19 PM

Good Evening, I hope i am doing this correctly. I have a 1999 F150 4X4 and my gas gauge, Speedometer, and LED display are all intermittently going in and out. I sent it off to a repair shop who told me they could fix it for 165.00. I finally received the cluster back (after 4 weeks) and got it all hooked back up and the battery was dead. after much hassles and cursing i bought a new battery and now the truck turns over but will not start. I can spray starter fluid in the throttle body and it will run as long as i keep steady stream of spray. i can hear the fuel pump hum so i am sure it has power. Everything worked before i removed the cluster. none of the dials come on on the cluster but the "idiot lights to come on. I was told to have the PATS system reset so i called my local locksmith and he said he could do it but he didnt feel like that was the issue. Im at a loss and am not sure where to go. Can i get a bit of help and advise

Old 08-12-2019, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site..

The gauge indicators should be working..
Have you tried putting the cluster in test mode to see if the needles sweep?
Test Mode,, hold the trip **** in and cycle the key ON, each push of the **** will select test mode options like gauge/ needle sweeps (min to max) and then bulb tests etc.
Id verify the gauge test straight off

Old 12-17-2019, 12:47 PM

HI My name is Lee Vanhorn I have a 1959 Ford Galaxy Fairlane 500 2 door hardtop, but I have a major issue, the upper side window seal, that mounts to the body, is ruined and I can not find one anywhere. Does anyone know where i might find one. The seal has a styeel insert and it connect to the upper roof seal mount and travels down the A pillar. Thank you all for your help i am in desperate need of this part, the car is almost complete and its the last piece to the puzzle to make it whole again.