New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Welcome... Introduce Yourself...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Welcome to the site..

Old 06-21-2016, 08:00 AM
Default New here

Hello,

My name is Kevin. I am new to the forum even though I have been reading lots here to help keep my 2003 Taurus OHV alive. This forum has proved to be very helpful and now that I have learned the in's and out's of the systems in my Taurus I can share my findings with others. I'm the back yard mechanic, my day job is a programmer. But, my Taurus keeps me under the car. I'm the back yard Mechanic that will do everything I can, up to and including a transmission re-build. I have owned my Ford for about a year and have already replaced brakes all the way around, front wheel Hub/bearings, A/C condenser, Flushed all fluids (Trans, coolant, power steering and brake fluid) my car has never seen a garage in the time I have owned it. However, my newest issue has me worried that I may have to take the Taurus to a mechanic or a Ford tech. The car started hesitating when accelerating around the 1800-2200 RPM mark, then missing. This only happens when accelerating normally. Driving real gentle is what has been getting me to work. IF I'm rolling at 60km/h in 4th gear at 1400 RPM and I push the accelerator down about 30% of the way the motor chugs and missed, almost feels like a slip. The DTC I got was P0300C from the OBD. I'm going to try the PCV valve today and cross my fingers.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:13 PM

Ok guys have 91 e250 with 5.8 E4 OD that will not shift into over drive. Was cruising down road in OD about 55 mph, hit a hill Van started slow down so iI stepped on throttle and transmission went into neutral or started slipping do iI get off gas with resulting bang, felt like someone ran into back of Van, no OD since, all other gears shift fine, never any slippage overdrive light not flashing, turns off OF, light comes on, turn on OD light off, no codes on stupid obd 1 system, red fluid, no metal in pan, electrical connections seem fine shifts fine manusky,1 St,2 nd3 rd all OK just no od. This a handicap Van, I'm pariplegic Mechanic, my only transportation. Rebuilt many C3, C4, C6, and AOD trannys, but am lost on this, can't tell if I have hard parts broken, valve body problems, or if it's a sensor, ecm, or what. My other Van is totally rusted away that's why I went all the way to Georgia to buy this one. I am tempted to pull the AOD out it stuff into this one. Any help greatly appreciated thanks Steve

Old 06-23-2016, 02:36 PM
Default A4 od woes

Ok guys have 91 e250 with 5.8 E4 OD that will not shift into over drive. Was cruising down road in OD about 55 mph, hit a hill Van started slow down so iI stepped on throttle and transmission went into neutral or started slipping do iI get off gas with resulting bang, felt like someone ran into back of Van, no OD since, all other gears shift fine, never any slippage overdrive light not flashing, turns off OF, light comes on, turn on OD light off, no codes on stupid obd 1 system, red fluid, no metal in pan, electrical connections seem fine shifts fine manusky,1 St,2 nd3 rd all OK just no od. This a handicap Van, I'm pariplegic Mechanic, my only transportation. Rebuilt many C3, C4, C6, and AOD trannys, but am lost on this, can't tell if I have hard parts broken, valve body problems, or if it's a sensor, ecm, or what. My other Van is totally rusted away that's why I went all the way to Georgia to buy this one. I am tempted to pull the AOD out it stuff into this one. Any help greatly appreciated thanks Steve

Old 06-24-2016, 12:00 PM

Welcome all new members.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:53 PM
Default 1983 f250

I just subscribed too this forum in hopes of getting some good info on my old ford I'm trying to get fixed up. I've got an 83 f250 that has a wiring nightmare. My headlights come on every time I hit my brakes. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:27 PM
Lia
Default New member

Hey all, name's Lia. Grown up with Ford's, my 16 yr old son was supposed to restore a '65 mustang with my baby's daddy. Guy crapped out (of everything, including baby but anyway...!) and my son is feeling really dejected about his project. He's worked so hard to get as far as he has. I'm trying to help him raise money for his welding and suspension. Got a 351 Windsor with edelbrock heads, hooker exhaust headers. Out of a shwanky '69 bronco. NP208 and SM465 I want to sell to help my son. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thank you!!

Old 07-27-2016, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Welcome Lia..

Sounds like a nice project! Post up a few images of the car and mods if you get a chance..

Old 11-26-2016, 05:40 AM
Question

Originally Posted by ;3
My name is Amanda and I am the Admin of this snazzy new forum. I'm 23, live in Michigan and love fast rides...

Who are you? Welcome to the site!

~Amanda
Hello Amanda
My name is Jack I am also older than dirt (80) have always owned Fords no foreign cars.I am looking to buy a 1997 Ford aerostar,I cannot find service records for it any ideas?
Thanks Jack

Old 01-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Question RE: Instrument Gauges not working

Hey Everyone,

All gauge components not working on dashboard (Oil gauge/Heat thermostat gauge..etc.) I thought originally it was the voltage stabilizer and had it replaced, maybe it’s the instrument cluster printed circuit that has gone bad. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Welcome... Introduce Yourself...