Off Road You go muddin' lately? Share your story. Is that ride of yours a rock climber? Show us in here.

Worst Stucks

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Default Worst Stucks

Everybody post up your worst stucks......with pictures if you have them

My worst stuck happened about 2 years ago right after I got my 33's put on my truck. I was riding with a couple of my buddies in a place known as the TNT plant. It's a partially abandoned ammunitions plant just north of where I live. Anyway, we were riding down a trail towards a pond and I got a wild hair and took off down a side trail. It was a rutted-out trail filled with the South's nastiest black muck. In the middle of the trail was a really nasty hole and I knew I didn't want to go through it. So I put two tires on the bank and tried to straddle the ruts in the hole. I was right in the middle when the bank gave way and my truck fell into the ruts and came to rest on the frame. I tried for almost an hour to work myself out, but I just couldn't get enough traction. In the end it took 2 full size trucks and everything my truck had to get me out. Turned out not to be that bad of a day....not one thing broke and she came out of the woods under her own power.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Worst Stucks

when i worked as a tech, we had a shop truck that was a 2wd ranger...4 cylinder...

we used to take that to go meet other stores for parts, and the place where we met was along the interstate, and was an area where people obviously went mudding...well, one winter day, i got there to meet, and got a call on my cell that the other guy was going to be "a while", so i decided to just go a very short distance into the woods...i stopped and walked around a bit, and it was all flat, with a couple puddles...i thought that it would be funny to get the shop truck good and muddy so i found one hole a foot or so deep or nice loose mud, and i took a run at it...the little ranger made it through, and was pretty damn muddy..so i turned around, and did it again, but as i was about halfway through, a deer ran in front of me, so i hit the brakes..and that was it...up to the front bumper with mud...lucky we were expecting a hard snow, so the state was out and about, and a plow driver was kind enough to pull me out..

Old 10-17-2005, 11:48 PM

Hmm....

There was a truck sitting on the edge of a cornfield for sale, so me and my friend took my 98 Expedition 4x4 down there to look at it, we got done looking at the truck and there was a mudhole there, hes like "I bet this POS Ford cant get through that"......hes a chevy guy....so I attack it in 2wd....hit it and the *** end sinks. Im thinkin "oh ****" so I put it in 4wd and put her to the wood, front end sinks, it took a 10000LB winch to pull us out.....we was sitting on the frame rails.

later,
Dustin

Old 10-26-2005, 02:47 PM

awesome story.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:43 PM

i have no place around my house to go off roading except on dirt roads when it rains or when the snow melts. then its alright but nothing spectacular.

Old 02-19-2006, 02:18 AM

this will make you laugh...

I was living out in colorado at the time and got the bright idea to take my 02 explorer off roading ALOT. well after some remarkable offroad experiences with it i decide to climb part of mt evans. long story short... 4 wheel drive is onlygood if the wheels are on the ground. i high centered my self at the top. that was a 28 mile hike to civilization in the dark and prolly 20 degrees f. luckily at about marker 18 i ran into a fellow messin around with his girlfriend in a parking space, i prolly scared the **** out of him knocking on his window, but i didnt give a hoot at that point. so the gent took me back up and we pulled me out of the mess.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:59 AM

ok... lets see which one i should post... well i guess this one will work...

Well me and a couple of friends went down some old trails/ dirt roads... well i got tired of just "splashing" mud on my truck... so i took the lead and took them straight into a swamp...about half way through i finally put my truck into 4wd and kept going until the back end started to come around and got lodged on a stump someone had cut down... about htat time my 4wd decided it was going to get wet and disengage... well i sat there for almost 4 hours and finally got out with the help of a chain 1984 bronco thats a lot better than my truck... and about 2 more hours of my time... we started with a five ton tow strap to pull me out and well it just snapped... then went and got a chain and pulled me right out... well after getting the truck out we looked at the damage done... my rear end was about 20' from the truck still sitting on that damn stump... well needless to say i went and got warn lockers for my truck and havent had a prob with my 4wd... the rearend was luckily still good driveshaft is a different story though

Old 11-16-2006, 10:20 PM

my worst stuck was about a year ago me and a couple budies went out into the desert with my old f-250, and my buddies ranger while out there my friend dared me to try and climb a hill call widowmaker (because like 3 people rolled there quads going up it and died) and it was my first time 4 wheeling with my truck, so i decided to try and crawl up this hill, about halfway up it got too steep and my carb started stalling my truck from the angle so i floored it trying to get to the top, but it died, and it came to rest in a big hole. my friend refused to come pull me back down because he thought i wouldn't be able to stop because i have 4 wheel drum brakes and hit him so he climbed up the hill and we both had to push it out of the hole, and i had to run and get in my truck as it was rolling before it started going too fast and try and stop it as it rolled down the hill backwards. i almost crashed it int some rocks, but other than that i made it home without a dent

Old 12-10-2006, 04:12 PM

I was trying to help a friend out one day that got stuck in the slu by the missouri river. I ended up sliding into some pretty nasty stuff before i even got to my buddy. Nobodys truck could get me out so we got a bobcat which couldn't do anything either. Luckily my buddies dad owns an excavating company and brought a highlift out. By that time my truck had sunk to the frame, and my steering box broke so i had no steering and my tires were both turned completley out in opposite directions. The bobcat was also stuck at this time from trying to pull the other truck out. The highlift got there and pulled the bobcat and other truck out, then lifted the front end of my truck and pulled me out. Then we had to use the bobcat and highlift to pick my truck up and put it on a trailer since i had no steering. In the end it was a pretty fun 10 hour day!

Old 02-02-2007, 11:31 AM

I had just got my new 33 inch mud terrains so i figured i would go out to a place not to deep but good enough. So i get going and i here my bottom end hit the groung so i gun it. Before i knew it i was grounded from front to back. i had 4 one ton trucks and a jeep pulling and couldn't even budge me. I waited till the morning and got a mini escavator to pull me out

Quick Reply: Worst Stucks