Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Post funny IGNORANT stories here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Default Post funny IGNORANT stories here!

Do have any funny stories that you have read, heard, or said? Well, post them here!

I'll start:

I just heard from a guy that he got his jeep stuck.... Then someone else said, "You got ur jeep stuck...you can't get a jeep stuck...?"

hahaha Believe me, anything can get stuck! lol

Your turn!

For interesting auto related articles go to www.trader4less.blogspot.com

Old 05-11-2005, 03:29 AM
Default RE: Post funny IGNORANT stories here!

did you hear about the woman that couldn't get into her car because the battery on her remote was dead? a helpfull aquantance used the key to open the door!

Old 05-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Administrator

i worked at a dealership, and we had cars towed in because of that.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:28 PM

there is always the "4x4 with tranny problems" that sells for real cheap after the person comes to look at it and puts the t-case in gear, or the person stuck on the side of the road in a jeep, that we had to explain what the t-case lever was for.

Old 05-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Administrator

i hear ya...youd be amazed at the stupid things i heard working at a dealership...

Old 05-12-2005, 08:46 PM

It sounds like you have a bunch of good storys Patrick, come on, tell them. I could use a new laugh!
Here is one- used to have a used car ad with a 76' VW Bug that some madman had stuffed a blown Dodge 440 into. Used to give it to people to read. made it easy to tell who was a car person. If what amazed them the most was the price ($24,000) then they were not a car person.

My speach teacher was telling me that he sold a car to a friend of his. The car was one of those ones with the gas fill spout hidden behind the license plate, which ment that the friend could not find it. So he thought that it was under the hood. He found near empty plastic jug with no markings, and as the gas gauge said the tank was near empty, if the jug was near empty, that must be it, so he filled it right up to the top with gas. he got about two miles when he reilized what happens when you fill the radiator overflow with gas!!

I was siting in class a few months ago and one of the kids mentioned that he needed a new oil plug. The teacher asked what happened and the kid said, compleatly serously "I was driving home the other day, and the oil light came on. Then like five minutes later, the engine just quite. I got out and looked and the oil plug was gone, so I think I need a new oil plug." Remember it as if it were yesterday.

Old 05-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Administrator

i have seen a car that had an oil filter tack welded onto the ebngine because "it wasnt the right size, and i needed to get back to the store to get a new one, so i figured i could weld it on, then cut the welds once i got the new one"...he was wrong...the oil sprayed everywhere, and the engine seized.

Old 05-14-2005, 06:41 PM

Pretty good welding to be able to weld to the thin wall on the oil filter, but yea, pretty dumb to.
There was some movie star that was on the tonight show that his car ran low on gas, so instead of filling the tank, he bought a new car. I can't remember who it was though. wouldn't you like too have the money to be able to do that though?

Old 05-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Administrator

no joke, my sister married a guy with DEEEEEEP pockets...she had a mustang, and it was maybe a year old, and he hated it...and one night it ran out of gas, and he traded it on a corvette.
she was pissed

Old 05-17-2005, 07:31 PM

[sm=badidea.gif]Can you say spoiled?!!

We Formerly had a Neighbor that moved up here from California. he got a Jeep pickup, which he had lifted, big superswampers, etc. His first winter here, we got three feet of snow overnight the day before Christmas. About two days later, our other Neighbor (father in law to the one with the jeep) had a grader sitting at a nearby construction site. he had someone drive it down and clear the road all the way back to his son in law's driveway. So anyways, the road and his driveway are clear of snow, but somehow, he manages to get his jeep stuck. We are out there with our truck pulling him out, and while we are hooking up chains, a women from farther down the road comes driving by in her honda (keep in mind that past his driveway there is three feet of snow). he could not understand that the biggest "off road perfomance mod" is the brain behind the steering wheel.

Quick Reply: Post funny IGNORANT stories here!