Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Post funny IGNORANT stories here!

Old 09-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Default RE: Post funny IGNORANT stories here!

Some people just don't understand the way things work...better towing and handling on a RWD vs a FWD, mind you, the best is a MR...not for towing of course, but for handling...why some people just don't walk is beyond me...

Old 04-18-2016, 04:45 AM

hehehe.. good stuff here.. Also see

Old 04-18-2016, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by mixmount1234
hehehe.. good stuff here.. Also see
Welcome on a board and thanks for the information.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:49 PM
Default Doing what you're told

When I was in the army we were deployed to Pakistan and a guy in my unit had at that time a new Vega tha used A LOT of oil. He told his wife to make sure she kept it full of oil. After about two weeks there we wer able to call home and Fitz came back totally pissed and said his wife said she checked the oil and couldn't see any so she filled it up now the starter wouldn't turn over. He naturally assumed she had locked it up. When we got back she had opened the cap marked oil looked in and didn't see any so she kept adding oil until it was full. At that point the starter didn't have enough power to move that much liquid. Moral to the story is assumption is the mother of all screw ups

Old 04-20-2016, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dieseljeeper
When I was in the army we were deployed to Pakistan and a guy in my unit had at that time a new Vega tha used A LOT of oil. He told his wife to make sure she kept it full of oil. After about two weeks there we wer able to call home and Fitz came back totally pissed and said his wife said she checked the oil and couldn't see any so she filled it up now the starter wouldn't turn over. He naturally assumed she had locked it up. When we got back she had opened the cap marked oil looked in and didn't see any so she kept adding oil until it was full. At that point the starter didn't have enough power to move that much liquid. Moral to the story is assumption is the mother of all screw ups
Had a woman at work that was driving a new to her 80's Nissan Maxima. If had a voice tone reminder that would prompt for...,Key in the ignition, Parking brake, Door open etc. One day she told me it was make a horrible rattle. I asked,, have you checked the oil!? Blank stare,, I tipped the hood and the stick was bone dry! I told her your out of oil! didn't you ever check it?! She told me,, the lady never told me to!!! ...True story.....

Old 04-30-2016, 05:11 AM
Old 04-30-2016, 08:02 AM

Two little goodies to make your day,
The older VW's had a red light for the charging system and a green light for the oil pressure. Well when the green light came on the lady said green means go , and with that she cooked the engine.
While trying to conduct a class at an adult school pertaining to automotive maintenance I had one heck of a time trying to explain to a gent that you cannot use laundry soap to clean your cooling system and I believe he was determined to go and do it anyway. No mention in the newspapers of a sudsy happening in town that season.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:38 AM

I performed an airbag recall on a customer's car. She came back in with a really pissed off look on her face...the radio would not work. I went out and "fixed" the radio by turning the volume up.

Last edited by primem; 05-01-2016 at 10:40 AM.