Windstar/Aerostar The beginning of the minivan for Ford.

00 windstar in cardiac arest

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Default 00 windstar in cardiac arest

Hi I removed my batery yesterday, replaced it and now my 00 windstar wont fire or turn over all that happens is the theft light flashes like crazy. any ideas? Im pulling my hair out. I have tried jumping the starter negative result.. tried key in door unlock lock unlock thing didnt work. tried pluging it into hand held diagnostic machine and no codes or anything came up. im vary frustrated....

Old 11-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 00 windstar in cardiac arest

If you jumped/bridged the starter solenoids connections(Y/LB to RD) and it didn't crank, I'd have the battery double checked.. A solenoid direct connection should spin the engine since the stater interupt relayis bypassed.. No codes on the scantool ,OR, couldn't communicate?

Old 11-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Default RE: 00 windstar in cardiac arest

ORIGINAL: tibbs42

Hi I removed my batery yesterday, replaced it and now my 00 windstar wont fire or turn over all that happens is the theft light flashes like crazy. any ideas? Im pulling my hair out. I have tried jumping the starter negative result.. tried key in door unlock lock unlock thing didnt work. tried pluging it into hand held diagnostic machine and no codes or anything came up. im vary frustrated....

Hello and good day:
I am sorry to inform you that you have Active the Security system in you Van....this is not uncommon.
if you have one try a different key in it,i have seen bad keys cause that too happen,sometimes using a different key will make it start,if that don't work try removing the battery cable and leave it off for a few minutes,then hook it back up sometimes that will reset the alarm system,at least you know the anti theft really works on it,good luck with it,i hope that works for you.the PATS system, which is Passive Anti Theft System. basically the key emits a signal that the ECU reads once the key is inserted into the ignition. if the signals match, it will let you turn on the car. if the signals are different, it will disable the ignition and the theft light will start blinking. you can turn it off, but you need a handheld tuner to do so. if you have a spare key, try using that one instead. [/align]Ok here is what you need to try to do:
1. Look in your Owners Manual for the proper reseting of this.
2. Go to this site http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...nti-theft.html
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t725223.
3. Take it to you Local Ford Dealer.