Windstar/Aerostar The beginning of the minivan for Ford.

ABS Module Part Number

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 05:30 PM
Default ABS Module Part Number

This is a post related to my previous one about the ABS and 'Brake' lights coming on. It seems I need a new ABS module and they're pretty pricey. One individual has given me a great link to a procedure for repairing the module myslef if the trouble is caused by bad solder joints.

I've done some soldering but not sure if I could be relied upon to redo the joints without damaging the components. Plus, if the problem isn't in the joints, then something else has gone wrong.

To that end, I'm researching some of the rebuilding services offered on eBay, but I need the part number from the old ABS module, which has inconveniently faded away. I'm looking at basically three different ABS modules: a standard module, a module with Traction Control, and another one with Traction Control and/or something called Advance-Trac.

I don't believe I have either of the two latter ones, but how could I be sure? Are there some dashboard controls or lights that would be present if I had these two features? Is there something I'm not seeing on any of the vehicle labels that would tell me so?

Any help in this arena is appreciated.

Thanks

Old 05-14-2015, 01:11 PM

Something you might try, ask a Ford parts dept if they have an ABS module for your particular vehicle. You will need to at least provide the last six numbers of your vehicle's VIN. The parts person may even give you the module # if you ask for it, but they don't like to spend time getting #s if you are not planning to purchase the part there.
Try to make sure you can confirm the module is the cause if at all possible.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:03 AM

Thanks. I'll go this route if I can't figure it out any other way. My local Ford dealer does seems to be reticent about saving me money. There's probably a way to schmooz it out of him, but I just haven't done that yet.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:16 AM

So...I got the part number from my local Ford dealer (2F2Z-C219-BA for a module without any traction control) but had no luck finding one at the junkyard. I decided to visit ModuleMaster and speak with their tech people about turning in an old one (from another 2001 Windstar, no traction control, but with a different part number) in order to avoid the down time associated with sending mine in. Turns out these are usually VIN-specific and they require the same one that's on my car.

I guess I'll be playing with the instructions provided me for repairing my own. However, I did secure one from the junkyard (for $18) so I can practice with it, first. I'll post how that goes.

Thanks for all the feedback!