Aspire/Festiva/Fiesta Possibly one of the original "sub compacts" this car offered amazinf fuel economy.

2009 new ford fİesta paİnt problem scandal

Old 09-17-2009, 01:58 AM
Default 2009 new ford fİesta paİnt problem scandal

I decided to buy a new car and I look at the different brand and different automobile and consequently I decided to buy a New Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.4i Duratec Petrol , engine number:8Y00038 and identification number:WFOJXXGAJJ8Y00038 , color of my car is grey, on 2th December in 2008 in Turkey İn Hatay OVALI FORD Vehicle Company ( 2009 model)..I paid 29.850 Turkish Lira( 17678 American Dolar) for my car.I have got a lot of advantages with New Ford Fiesta, for example exterior and interior styling, easy fuel capless refuelling system with mis-fuel inhibit ,rain-sensing wipers, auto headlight. trip computer, Electronic Automatic Temperature Control,cruise control etc.Finally I have got a lot of reason to buy New Ford Fiesta because New Ford Fiesta is car of the year 2009. When I bought this car two months later, I began to encounter some problem especially paint problem.On my car under the right and left back door has some paint problem but these aren’t scrape and scratch problem , some paint began to shedding or spilthing, if you see the picture of my car you will understand me easily and I will send you some photo of my car and any other photos. I know paint warranty; Ford Paint Surface Warranty protects our vehicle’s paint from corrosion and defective work. This doesn’t cover scratches and scrapes caused by the driver.Absolately I agree with you.But my problem is different and mixed problem. In January I released this problem.I went to Turkey/Hatay Ovalı Ford Vehicle company.When The representative of paint department look at my car and They said to me we could mend this problem as painting this side.I painted under right back door side after one month later same problem began to appear both under left and right back door again. I went to Turkey/HATAY Ovalı Ford Vehicle company again .When The represetative of the paint department saw me again, they were suprised. At this time I dont want to paint my car again. When I painted my car again .my car value will decrease.Now same paint problem goes on.I don’t want to change my car with different new fiesta and different color,According to Turkish Act only I want to get refund But Ford Turkey/Hatay Ovalı Vehicle company don’t accept my offer.Actually my offer is definitely legal but Ford OTOSAN and Ford OVALI company are behaving against me totally illegal.For that reason; Ford OTOSAN and Ford OVALI Vehicle Company don’t want to solve this problem in Turkey.According to Turkish Protection of Consumer Act; 4077/4, we have got three right. First one; you can mend your car, second one; you can get refund, third one; you can get discount from car’s bill.I sue in turkish court in Hatay for not solving this problem to get refund.I insist that my car has PAİNT PRODUCTİON FAULT(FLAW) İf you examine New Ford fiesta you will understand me and you will solve the paint problem.According to me; All New Ford Fiesta have same paint problem but will appear in time.Unfortunately I think All New Ford Fiesta have got PRODUCTION FAULT(FLAW) about the paint problem.İf you are interested in my problem ,I am very pleased. I believe this to be a widespread problem, which at an estimate affects in excess of 40.000 units world wide. I am now in contact with a number of Fiesta owners, all experiencing the same problem and are unhappy with the lack of solutions posed to them by FORD. I believe this to be a manufacturing defect where the design of the car is such that it inflicts damage to its bodywork and FORD have not allowed for any additional protection as they do in the GALAXY or S-MAX or indeed as do many other manufacturers. Please remember that if the paint protection is removed from the body of the car, it may be more susceptible to problems arising from environmental pollution or weather thus increasing the chances of corrosion from the outside in! Please not that the corrosion warranty only covers manufacturing defects in the body. This means the the body is only covered if the corrosion that manifests itself is from the inside out, therefore any corrosion problems that arise from this problem in the future will not be covered by the existing Ford Warranty and that leaves the consumer at a clear disadvantage. I purchased this car in November 2008 and within 4 months later had suffered a water ingress problem, which right the carpets sodden. It took 1 weeks for the dealer to identify the cause and repair the problem.I want to trust on Ford Companybut not totally.As you said to internet website ‘’ While value for money has always been a top priority in developing Ford vehicles, that concern has never compromised quality or the pursuit of quality solutions. Ford has always strived to meet consumers' real-life requirements—from smaller cars for Europeans to "smarter" cars for the ever-changing environment. I know that you pay attention customer satisfaction and you will help me and will solve my paint problem.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...m-c174454.html

Attached Thumbnails 2009 new ford fİesta paİnt problem scandal-resim-002-i-aretli.jpg   2009 new ford fİesta paİnt problem scandal-resim-003.jpg   2009 new ford fİesta paİnt problem scandal-resim-005-i-aretli.jpg   2009 new ford fİesta paİnt problem scandal-resim-006.jpg   2009 new ford fİesta paİnt problem scandal-resim-008.jpg  

Old 12-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Default 2009 new ford fIesta paInt problem scandal

i have a pair of front struts for a mk2 fiesta. Not sure what model though but they have the part numbers on if that helps detirmine what model. They are gen ford, never fitted. I have photos available by request sent via email as i dont know how to post them on here Offers in the region of £60 Will post. Cheers. Matt

Old 02-21-2010, 06:48 AM
Unhappy

Hi
I have a similar paint problem on a five door New Fiesta Titanium in Black Panther, the car was delivered on 13th January 2010. On my car the paint is peeling off the inner side of both the front nearside and offside wheelarches at the point where the front apron curls under the wheelarch to form the bottom inner edge. The paint is flaking off in large pieces and may well spread to the bottom front side of the apron. I only discovered this defect a couple of days ago and haven't tackled my dealer yet. Has anyone else had a similar problem please?

Old 02-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Lightbulb Ford Paint Peeling Issues

Zestar Corporation is a market leader in the intellectual property licensing of automotive paint applications software and automotive paint durability research. Several of the world's largest vehicle manufacturers have sought Zestar's innovative statsitical solutions to address the unique relationships that exist in automotive multi-layer coatings. Our technology has been used to verify the performance of both new and existing automotive coatings (paints) as well as advances in factory paint automation.

During the past year we completed an investigated research of automakers' factory paint finish failures generated by recent business models (outsourcing). Consumers are not aware that automakers have adopted new business models in which they receive a service, "painted vehicle", instead of buying a product, "paint", from the paint suppliers.

Over 11,000 vehicles paint factory data, encompassing millions of individual measurements were analyzed and correlated with 9 million production vehicles.

The same data the factory uses for quality control of these vehicles were used in this investigation.

Our investigative research leads us to the opinion that factories under the new business models, released millions of vehicles with factory paint defects to three parties:
1) Automakers
2) Auto Dealers
3) Consumers

The paint failures occurring today differ from the paint delamination that occurred in the late 1980's to early 1990's. That delamination occurred due to the introduction of a new technology. The new technology was a "high" film build electrocoat that replaced the primer coat entirely. This process failed and the auto industry returned to the use of primer on their multi-layer coatings.

Our research concludes that today's paint failures are resulting not from technology, but from the supplier delivering to the automaker, vehicles not painted to the automaker's specifications.

Refer to www.zestar.com for additional details.

Press Releases on the subject:
http://www.mmdnewswire.com/auto-industry-6716.html

http://www.mmdnewswire.com/vehicle-paint-quality-6280.html

Old 03-06-2010, 04:34 AM
Default New Fiesta Paint Peeling Defect

Thank you Zestar Corporation for your very helpful information. I have now tackled my dealer about this problem and it seems they have had a number of New Ford Fiestas, all of different colours, which have had the same problem of paint peeling off in simlar areas to my car. The dealeship is providing a replacement front apron (bumper) for me which they are painting in their own well equiped bodyshop, so the work should be done properly. They are returning the defective part (as they did with the others) back to Ford for examinaion. If my local Ford dealership have had a number of New Fiestas with the same paint peeling problem then it must follow that this defect is very widespread, not only here in the UK, but worldwide as well. I would be interested to hear of similar defects elsewhere.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Lightbulb Worldwide Auto Industry Problem

Refer to Ford's facebook page titled: "NEW FIESTA Paint Problem".

Other facebook pages of interest:

Ford/Mercury Peeling Paint Complaints

and

My Ford Paint Peels

Our research publications have additional documentation
from around the world.

The Technical Guide is designed to assist Automakers and Dealers.

Dealers are caught in the middle on this issue between
Automakers and the Consumer.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Lightbulb Automakers Brand Image Impacted By Paint Thickness

In our opinion, this is not an automaker rather an auto industry issue.

The automakers rely on their paint suppliers for expertise relating to applications.

The suppliers in many instances have process and quality responsibility for the vehicle finish.

The paint suppliers should have informed the various automakers that vehicles
were not applied at the proper paint thickness.

The automakers are paying the paint suppliers for vehicles coated at the proper paint thickness.

Our research indicates this does not occur.

Thin paint leads to paint peeling, paint chipping and surface rusting.

Unfortunately, it is affecting the vehicle brand image of the automaker.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:28 PM

It is a very nice article.My Fiesta taught me a lot about driving,both good and bad.It was responsible for nearly all my motoring firsts.It has given the humble Ford Focus new status as one of the most popular choices among Americans trading.The Technical Guide is designed to assist Automakers and Dealers.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Lightbulb Ford Fiesta Paint Durability Research

Paint durability data associated with the auto industry
documented in the research publication:
MAKING IT RIGHT
Why your Car Payments are lasting longer than your
FACTORY PAINT JOB

There has also been an independent review done of this publication by
"ForeWord".

Automotive paint durability research publication documents vehicles released to dealer and consumer below automaker's minimum paint thickness specifications.

Refer to link for details.

Link: http://www.forewordreviews.com/reviews/making-it-right-why-your-car-payments-are-lasting-longer-than-your-factory-paint-job-basic-guide/

Old 12-06-2010, 06:24 PM

I really like the new 2011 Fiesta. Any problems with that one so far? I've read tons of good reviews on how its the funnest compact car to drive, fuel efficient and affordable. I really want to test drive one

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 new ford fİesta paİnt problem scandal