Aspire/Festiva/Fiesta Possibly one of the original "sub compacts" this car offered amazinf fuel economy.

2012 Fiesta AC issues

Old 07-13-2018, 06:55 AM
Default 2012 Fiesta AC issues

Hi, folks,I am by no means experienced in this sort of thing, but I will do my best to describe my problem here, in the hopes that someone can offer some insight.My 2012 Ford Fiesta is having A/C issues again. I drive a lot back and forth from Jacksonville to Keystone Heights FL so as you can imagine I need my AC in this Florida heat. My first issue was about a year ago the AC would blow hot when idling, that turned out to the cooling fan assembly. Had that replaced and everything was working. The problem I am having now is different. Whenever I drive late in the evenings or early in the mornings the A/C works fine. I can feel the compressor come on and off during the entire drive BUT if the temperature outside gets above say 90 or so the AC completely stops working. The compressor does NOT engage at all until the outside temperature drops back down or it rains outside……Keep in mind, when the outside temp is low the AC works perfect, blows cold air and most of the time freezes you out…..but if it is HOT outside the AC compressor will not engage.If anyone has an idea of what could be going on here, I'd really appreciate some help. I tried to think of everything, but please let me know if I need to provide more information.Thanks!

Old 07-13-2018, 08:31 AM

There are safeguards built into the system to prevent damage from excessive pressures and temperatures. Any speculation at this point without checking actual pressures with the proper gauges would be only that, speculation !!

Have you had anyone check those pressures yet?

Old 07-13-2018, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
There are safeguards built into the system to prevent damage from excessive pressures and temperatures. Any speculation at this point without checking actual pressures with the proper gauges would be only that, speculation !!

Have you had anyone check those pressures yet?
I have not had the system checked because when it is not extremely hot outside the system works great and it cools good. I was thinking it was perhaps a sensor somewhere that was bad.....

Old 07-13-2018, 08:46 AM

You could be right ! And, that is what a sensor is supposed to do, but which one and why keep coming up.