Ford C-Max The Ford C-Max is a compact electric MPV that has recently been released in North America but has existed in Europe since 2003.

Ford CMAX hybrid

Old 08-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Default Ford CMAX hybrid

The C-MAX hybrid is rated at 47 street mpg, 47 highway mpg and 47 overall mpg, which gives it a higher epa rating than the prius. I think it may take a few models to get all the kinks ironed out, but I'm wondering how it will do against the prius right now. It is more efficient and it is also cheaper, costing $25,995 vs. the prius' price tag of $27,295. How do you think the C-MAX will do in the hybrid market? I'm curious to know if people can overcome their familiarity with the prius and other japanese hybrids for an american made hybrid.
what do you guys think?
if you're interested in reading more

Old 08-22-2013, 02:11 AM

Hope you could post some pictures as well..

Old 09-19-2013, 09:55 AM

This car is a bomb! A lot of power for passing and still good fuel saver. I’m am not a ford guy but this car changed that and won me over.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:31 AM

I'm not a Ford guy either, but I must admit I like the Cmax. I have the plug-in version. Filled up yesterday.... 62 mpg!

Old 11-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Default Disappointed in plug-in miles claim

Miles from plug-in charging are claimed to around 20. It's actually in the mid teens and now that the weather has cooled off,10-11 is the norm. That can still make a big difference in overall mileage (I got 62) but the mix of eletric and hybrid miles determines mileage. Bottom line, they shouldn't claim "around 20", when it's no where near that.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:11 AM

Hey guys! The Ford C-MAX is a mid-size MPV that, despite its family-orientated character, is surprisingly good fun to drive.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:33 PM

Hi everyone, am thinking of buying a 2013 Cmax hybrid SEL and wondering if anyone has towed theirs behind a motorhome or knowers if it's possable.
Thanks in advance for any responses.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:39 AM
Guv

We traded our Prius in on our C-Max SEL. You wouldn't even know it was a hybrid by the power and growl it makes when accelerating! We really like it!

Old 05-18-2016, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Guv
We traded our Prius in on our C-Max SEL. You wouldn't even know it was a hybrid by the power and growl it makes when accelerating! We really like it!
Good to hear about you !!

Old 02-15-2017, 03:19 PM

We looked at the Prius, and didn't like it! A) the "wings" on the front passenger seats were so big I couldn't find a place for my elbows, b) the center console opened lengthwise, away from the driver, so the passenger couldn't see into it at all, and c) the rear seats folded down with a big ledge, which meant we couldn't put our dogs' crate in the back. Deal-breakers all. Love our C-Max SEL.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford CMAX hybrid