Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   Ford C-Max (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-c-max-76/)
-   -   Ford CMAX hybrid (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-c-max-76/ford-cmax-hybrid-27790/)

stuffedbackseat 08-15-2012 01:51 PM

Ford CMAX hybrid

The C-MAX hybrid is rated at 47 street mpg, 47 highway mpg and 47 overall mpg, which gives it a higher epa rating than the prius. I think it may take a few models to get all the kinks ironed out, but I'm wondering how it will do against the prius right now. It is more efficient and it is also cheaper, costing $25,995 vs. the prius' price tag of $27,295. How do you think the C-MAX will do in the hybrid market? I'm curious to know if people can overcome their familiarity with the prius and other japanese hybrids for an american made hybrid.
what do you guys think?
if you're interested in reading more

Fredrickmay 08-22-2013 02:11 AM

Hope you could post some pictures as well..

hanayaro 09-19-2013 09:55 AM

This car is a bomb! A lot of power for passing and still good fuel saver. I’m am not a ford guy but this car changed that and won me over.

akeeping 11-09-2013 06:31 AM

I'm not a Ford guy either, but I must admit I like the Cmax. I have the plug-in version. Filled up yesterday.... 62 mpg!

akeeping 11-11-2013 05:24 PM

Disappointed in plug-in miles claim

Miles from plug-in charging are claimed to around 20. It's actually in the mid teens and now that the weather has cooled off,10-11 is the norm. That can still make a big difference in overall mileage (I got 62) but the mix of eletric and hybrid miles determines mileage. Bottom line, they shouldn't claim "around 20", when it's no where near that.

John Renold 12-10-2014 06:11 AM

Hey guys! The Ford C-MAX is a mid-size MPV that, despite its family-orientated character, is surprisingly good fun to drive.

Rbark 07-28-2015 05:33 PM

Hi everyone, am thinking of buying a 2013 Cmax hybrid SEL and wondering if anyone has towed theirs behind a motorhome or knowers if it's possable.
Thanks in advance for any responses.

Guv 11-14-2015 06:39 AM

We traded our Prius in on our C-Max SEL. You wouldn't even know it was a hybrid by the power and growl it makes when accelerating! We really like it!

Alanah_Rae 05-18-2016 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Guv (Post 94485)
We traded our Prius in on our C-Max SEL. You wouldn't even know it was a hybrid by the power and growl it makes when accelerating! We really like it!

Good to hear about you !!

Ash-n-Jim 02-15-2017 03:19 PM

We looked at the Prius, and didn't like it! A) the "wings" on the front passenger seats were so big I couldn't find a place for my elbows, b) the center console opened lengthwise, away from the driver, so the passenger couldn't see into it at all, and c) the rear seats folded down with a big ledge, which meant we couldn't put our dogs' crate in the back. Deal-breakers all. Love our C-Max SEL.