Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

Shimmers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Default Shimmers?

Just bought a 1993 E 150. Conversion And I think its suburb XL? Not sure of the spelling. Today bringing it home it started to shimmer. I think its when I brake. Can't really tell if its doing it while driving but it doesn't feel like it is. Its not all over the road shimmer....just a little tremble LOL Any suggestions what it may be. Many the the wheels need to be rotated, Wheel bearings? Hopefully nothing to serious.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:18 AM

Not sure exactly what you mean by shimmer, but if you mean pulsating, it would be time to have the brake system looked over.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:35 AM

OK maybe thats it. Somebody last night cut right in front of me and had to brake hard and yes pulsating is the right word.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 AM

I have been told by a few friends and a mechanic to try a fuel additive. Happy to say this morning the pulsing has gone away. Makes sense with all the ice/snow and bad gas that moisture might be a problem. Bought a bottle of Techron Concentrate Plus and after driving a few miles it seems have disappeared.