Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   Ford Econoline E Series (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-econoline-e-series-18/)
-   -   Econoline missing rear heat/AC (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-econoline-e-series-18/econoline-missing-rear-heat-ac-39316/)

jmcvay12 01-11-2019 05:06 PM

Econoline missing rear heat/AC

HELP!!!!!!!!!
I've searched high and low for this with zero results so figured someone on here could lend a hand. I have a 2000 Ford E150 Chateau 11 passenger van. The last owner's "mechanic" decided to remove the rear coolant lines that go up through the bottom of the body as well as cut the large AC line at the rear of the van. I'm looking for a photo of the rear outside underneath of a van with rear heat so I can repair the "repair" back to factory condition so I have rear heat once again. Not too worried about AC at this time as it's winter, but the cold is coming an we need more heat!!! I've tried searching videos, images, parts, everything but no one is showing what a stock setup looks like from underneath the van where the coolant lines go into the body. I do have the 2 lines that come down from the body with the quick connectors still there, but the rear coolant lines stop just after the rear axle with a rubber hose that bypasses the rear heat. Thank you in advance for the help!

whilst 01-12-2019 12:26 PM

Hi.. I have a '97 Chat that I had to cut out the rotten rear heater tubes.
I just used heater hose (bulk) to connect my rear heater core.
There is some type of "quick - connect" repair kit available.
> Perhaps the rear heater core was leaking and that's why it was disconnected.

jmcvay12 01-13-2019 01:25 PM

I think that is what I will eventually have to do is to just use bulk hose and run it up where the originals came down and out of the body. Although I would like to find the quick connect, then use some hose to connect to the existing ones coming through the body. As far as a possible leaky heater core, it is possible. The person who I bought it from had a "mechanic" that would fix things for them, although I think he was more of a improvised repairman than an actual mechanic. When I bought it, there was a leaf spring shackle that had rusted through. Instead of replacing it, he decided to drill a hole through, then chain the leaf spring to the frame. So far that's the worst thing I've found, so pretty lucky I guess. Well, other than he cut the AC and heat lines!!!

whilst 01-14-2019 11:55 AM

rear a/c

Hi.
Sounds like a backyard butcher worked on it!
I'm in MD. , my rear shackles also rusted out.
I had a hard time believing it happened, what with only 120K on it...
Dorman, only place to find replacements.
All my heater 'tubes' rusted through.
I've run 15' or so of heater hose because they are so expensive to replace.
A plumber would probably work.
I would replace rear heater core as well, and if recon the A/C, check evap core as well.
My 2.
Best,Jeff
Best,Jeff