Ford Edge This new crossover combines the economy of a compact car with the interior size and capabilities of an SUV.

ABS, AWD, adn Collision warning issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 01:36 PM
Default ABS, AWD, adn Collision warning issue

Hi guys, new here. I have a 2011 Edge Limited with the 6cyl engine. It has the Sync screens inside. About a month ago when I started the car I had several warnings flash on the far left screen, They were "AWD off", Collision Warning Malfunction", and "Service AdvanceTrac", along with the normal warning lights for those systems at the bottom of the main dash screen. Normally if I moved the car a few hundred feet, shut it off and restarted it all the warnings would go away. This happened daily for about a week, then it went away completely and everything was normal for about 3 weeks. It started up again yesterday, and I can no longer reset it by shutting off and restarting. The warnings stay on as long as the car is running.

I have read that a wheel speed sensor on the back wheels can cause this problem. Does anyone know how I can test those sensors to figure out if one, and which one, is bad? Please let me know if you need any more information, and thanks in advance

john

Old 11-30-2018, 01:52 PM

Newer vehicles require a scan tool that is capable of reading OBDll systems.
Some auto supply stores will obtain any codes stored usually for free. I believe Autozone is one of them. If there is a questionable wheel speed sensor the code will usually point you in the right direction. If you post the code(s) here , we should be able to assist you.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:55 PM

OK, I actually have an OBDII scanner, I just need to figure out how to hook it up to my computer...it came with a mini CD for the drivers and program so I need to clone that to a full size CD so I can install it on my laptop. I will post back when IO have something. Thanks for the quick reply

john

Old 12-04-2018, 11:17 AM

OK, I ended up buying a scanner that reads ABS codes. And when I attempt to read the codes from the ABS it says communication error. Does this sound like a bad ABS module? What else can I check?

Further info: There are several other system that give me a code that says "Lost communication with ABS module". One was the Power control module, and I think one was the dash system. I think the code was U0121 or U0131.

Last edited by atrdriver; 12-04-2018 at 01:13 PM.