Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

CD4E Transmission OBD code P0713 - TFT sensor

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 05:59 PM
Default CD4E Transmission OBD code P0713 - TFT sensor

Hi, I recently bought a 2007 Ford Escape XLT that had the automatic transmission (CD4E) replaced when we bought it.

The check engine light came on, code says P0713, transmission fluid temperature sensor.

The problem is I can't find any information on that for this specific transmission... all the information, parts, part numbers, guides, etc are for the Ford truck transmissions.

Does anyone have any advice or ideas?

Old 02-23-2018, 05:54 PM

What you could try is to check the plugs going to the trans and make sure they are making good connections. The PCM sends a 5 volt signal to the trans that goes to the FTSensor which is located inside the trans and can be seen when pan is dropped. Usually that code tells us there is an open in the circuit or the sensor. If you are going to do your own work, I would pick up a new sensor , drop the pan , check if you have the 5 volt signal with the key on and if you do replace the sensor while you are in there. The other wire goes to the computer to let it know the circuit is functioning. If you do all that and you still get the code , either the wire to the computer is open or the computer is with a problem. The code needs to be cleared to do this right.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:25 PM

Nice thank you, we'll give some testing a try. I think I figured out a lot of what I needed... finally found a PDF manual of the specific transmission and apparently it's called the transmission oil temperature sensor and is part of the solenoid body assembly, which also helped me find the part for it. Still not sure if it's something we'll be able to do without taking it to a shop, but at least now I know!