Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

07 Escape with mysterious Idle issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Angry 07 Escape with mysterious Idle issues

2007 Escape XLT V6
No one has been able to find anything on a scan or explain what is causing the problem...when the vehicle is in gear and at a dead stop the RPM's drop to about 500 and the engine shakes. If it in N or P it idles so smooth you would think it wasn't running. As long as it is rolling (in gear) the engine runs smooth.

I have had it in and no one can tell me what is wrong with it. Any ideas?

Old 05-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Default Rough Idle

Originally Posted by meemer
2007 Escape XLT V6
No one has been able to find anything on a scan or explain what is causing the problem...when the vehicle is in gear and at a dead stop the RPM's drop to about 500 and the engine shakes. If it in N or P it idles so smooth you would think it wasn't running. As long as it is rolling (in gear) the engine runs smooth.

I have had it in and no one can tell me what is wrong with it. Any ideas?

Sounds like your engine is starving for air when a load is placed on it (in gear) at low RPM.

There is a thing called the Idle Control Valve, which you guessed it, controls your air intake at idle engine speed. The OEM part itself is not
cheap:

The Idle Air Control Valve is # 9F715, but also is CX-1899...same part $157.60

Buy 2007 Ford Escape Parts | FordParts.com

The Fuel Injection Idle Air Control Valve Gasket is # 9F670, but also CG-765...again, same part $ 11.38

Buy 2007 Ford Escape Parts | FordParts.com

You may be able to get these parts cheaper online if you do your research and parts that are not OEM may also be cheaper.

Assuming this is your problem, you will need a NEW Gasket as well as a NEW Idle Control Valve. You will be reusing the two bolts that are already on your car. It only involves disconnecting one connector from the ICV. Someone wrote-up the Replacement Procedure at EHOW, see link below.

How to Replace the Idle Air Control Valve on a Ford Escape | eHow.com

You can also be sneaky, go to a dealership and let them find the issue, or attempt to...then when they hit you with the estimate and a potential fix, tell them that you will have to come back in a couple of weeks when you have the money for the repair...but take care of it yourself...catch my drift? Play along...

Good Luck!

Please post your fix, whatever it may turn out to be!

Old 05-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Default How to get to Idle Air Intake Control Valve

See video at this link...

2006 Ford Escape XLS - Throttle Body & IAC Valve

YouTube - 2006 Ford Escape XLS - Throttle Body & IAC Valve