Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   Ford Excursion (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-excursion-22/)
-   -   keyless entry codes (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-excursion-22/keyless-entry-codes-6020/)

drkeys 11-22-2006 10:32 PM

keyless entry codes

Just bought a used 2000 excursion limited diesel with keyless entry. Does anyone know where to find the keyless entry code on the truck?

Hayapower 11-22-2006 11:49 PM

RE: keyless entry codes

This is just a RKE system?, not PATS... There isn't a code card in the glove box handbook?..

drkeys 11-25-2006 02:39 PM

This is a remote keyless entry, but it has a key pad on the door. I don't have the code for the door. I bought the truck used and there are no manuals.

psu152 04-24-2007 09:39 AM

Remove cover under steering wheel/fuse panel. Shine flashlight rehind instrument panel towards the rear portion of the radio. There should be a stikcer on a cream colored box with the 5-digit code. Might hae to try looking in at different angles, but it should be in there. Different models, the box color is black, but htere is still a sticker behind the radio.

jackrista 05-19-2007 01:05 PM

ORIGINAL: psu152

Remove cover under steering wheel/fuse panel. Shine flashlight rehind instrument panel towards the rear portion of the radio. There should be a stikcer on a cream colored box with the 5-digit code. Might hae to try looking in at different angles, but it should be in there. Different models, the box color is black, but htere is still a sticker behind the radio.
NOT ON THE BACK OF RADIO BUT ON A BOX, THAT WILL BE THE CODE, HOW DO YOU SET A NEW CODE???

Hayapower 05-20-2007 12:50 AM

Enter the factory security code, within 5 seconds press the 1.2 button on the keypad and enter any personal 5 digit code.. Each number must be entered within 5 seconds of each other.. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the new programmed keycode..

brighteyes811 08-09-2007 04:54 PM

Hey guys, I just purchased a 2001 Ford Windstar Se and was not given the factory code for the keyless entry keypad. Does anyone know what this may be? I'd love to use this function. Thanks in advance for your assistance. :D

batmanofasheville 12-17-2007 03:58 AM

Thanks to all of you who answered drkeys question about the keyless entry code because it also helped me out with mine. The dealership wanted to charge $45 just to hook it up to the computer for a couple of minutes to tell me the code. However, it was easier for me just to remove the radio and look back in there and see the code insead of going from underneath. Again thanks.

justjustin 09-01-2008 06:10 PM

I took my 01 X in and the dealer said there was nothing they could do.
It seems I have a Ford Dealer installed system not factory installed.
My keypad on this one (3rd so far) is glued on the outside of the door
not snaped in like my first 2 looked to be.

Any ideas on this system and where to get the code or where they would install
the module for the keypad?

Justin.