Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

2007 Navigator Passenger Window Bounce-Back Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 07:57 PM
Default 2007 Navigator Passenger Window Bounce-Back Issues

Hello!

So I just recently had to replace my front passenger window regulator because the original one had gone out. The replacement of the regulator actually went surprisingly smooth. Got everything back together and the window moving again, which was great!

That being said, I've run into one small issue since replacing it. It seems that the "bounce-back" feature is a bit off or uncalibrated now because when the window reaches the fully closed position, it then rolls back down to the "bounce-back position", and you have to hold the switch up immediately afterwards just to get it to close.

I've tried the "Wait 48 hours and this should reset the feature" method, and I've also tried the following method:
"De-Initialization

Note: The front window motor must be de-initialized (reset to its original factory settings) before carrying out the initialization procedure.

1. Turn the ignition ON.
2. Operate the window control switch in one-touch mode and remove power from the window motor while the window is moving by one of the following methods:
a. Disconnect the vehicle battery cable while the window is moving.
b. Remove the LH or RH front window motor fuse while the window is moving.
3. This de-initializes the window motor and reset the window motor to its original factory setting
4. Carry out the initialization procedure to turn the one-touch-up feature on

Initialization

WARNING: Keep objects and body parts clear of the glass panel when carrying out the initialization procedure. During the initialization procedure, the glass panel closes with high force and cannot detect objects In Its path. Failure to follow this instruction may result In serious personal injury.

NOTE: The front window must be in the full OPEN position for this procedure to operate correctly

NOTE: If the initialization procedure is only partially completed, the front window motor remains de-initialized and operates only in proportional up/down and one-touch¬down modes.

5. Turn the ignition ON.
6. Activate and hold the window control switch in the UP position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds into the glass top run and release the switch.
7. Activate and hold the window control switch in the DOWN position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds at the bottom of its travel and release the switch.
8. Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch-up and one-touch-down features."
Both have failed to fix the issue. Does anyone happen to know another way to fix this? It's quite annoying and I'm out of ideas.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Are you sure that you have the right part in the vehicle?

Old 01-11-2016, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by LakelandFordParts
Are you sure that you have the right part in the vehicle?
Thanks for the reply!

And yes, I am sure.

Old 05-20-2017, 02:05 PM
Default Find a fix?

I have the exact same problem in my 2011 Expedition. Replaced the window regulator and the problem started. Tried all the fixes I could find and nothing worked. Did you ever find a solution?