Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   Ford Expedition (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-expedition-21/)
-   -   Do you like your Expedition (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-expedition-21/do-you-like-your-expedition-4420/)

akcowgirl 06-15-2006 06:37 PM

Do you like your Expedition

Hi I am needing to upgrade to a larger SUV and i am wondering how people out there like there expeditions. I have an escape right now and it is just not big enough for us anymore. I liked my escape and i think i would like to stay with a ford vehicle but if people out there are haveing lots of problems i might rethink that. Thanks in advance for your replies

dcolby2000expy 06-24-2006 02:59 PM

RE: Do you like your Expedition

Hi,I have a 2000 Expedition,which we love,but hate the fuel mileage,and I believe you will see a big diffrence in that at your first few stops at a gas station .Mines an Eddie Bauer with pretty much everything ,but we were actually thinking about going to an Escape,lol.I havent had any major issues with it,but we did have to replace the oxygen sensors after a trip last year,kind of pricey if you cant diy,and having the plugs replaced after one fot wet and cracked the insulator,but we didnt have to pay for that.If you must go with the larger Expy or maybe the Explorer,it may be worth getting the years where the rear 3rd seat folds flat instead of being removable,as is mine.we have no use for it,and what do you do with it,cover it and make it a hat rack?besides,they're kind of heavy to do on regular basis,so mine just takes up space where we could use.Hope I was some help in your decision,(that would be a refreshing change,lol) Good Luck,DC

liteman2255 06-25-2006 02:51 PM

I really like my expedition, I had a explorer and that was to small for me. so I went to look for something bigger like you are doing, I found out that the expedition takes care of all the things I need. I would like to find something even bigger. But the choice is yours I would really see if it is for you, as far as gas prices, fuel mileage and room for your family.

Steviebz 06-27-2006 06:07 PM

We've got a 2000 4X4 Eddie Bauer that we Absolutely Love. I bought it new and didn't buy this beast for gas mileage. I bought it to tow my boat (6000 lbs) and it does it all day long. We live in California and tow to Arizona (Colorado river) many times a year. It's got plenty of power for towing and having fun in the snow four wheeling. The only problem I've had (created) was when I washed down the engine, I got one of the COP wet and the engine misfired badly. Didn't know about those things. So be careful if you're ever wanting to wash the motor. We had the third seat as well and I'm glad it was the removable one, not the store and go. I took it out and sold it on Craiglist in one day. You can easily get $200-300 for it if it's in good condition. Because I tow so often, I flush the tranny once a year and change the diff fluid at 50K. I've had Mobil 1 in since it's first oil change. I plan on keeping this truck for as long as possible. My one wish would be to see FORD make a Diesel version of the Expedition. Good luck. SBz

dcolby2000expy 07-01-2006 01:44 PM

Was reading your reply,I never really considered selling the 3rd seat,as I didnt know where to do that(except newspapers of course)I will look up that craiglist you mentioned,maybe it will work for me as well.Thanks

sannwood 11-09-2006 07:55 PM

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT - I tow a 14 foot utility trailer, 5 friends, our gear, a dog and 3 ATV's up and down the mountains every weekend just fine. It's a 2000 Expedition w/Triton.

Stang562 11-30-2006 03:32 PM

I drive the Expedition my brother has and it is roomy, and and rides smoothly

casey808 01-11-2007 02:16 PM

I love my 2000 Expy Eddie Bauer. Great ride, looks good, safe. I put dual exhuast on it, billet grille, DVD player and monitors in the seats, K&N air filter. I average 19.8 on trips (keeping it around 70 mph) and about 16 in town. It's a great vehicle.

TinaMarie 02-13-2007 09:57 PM

Have to comment on this post. I've had my 97 for 7 years now and I can honestly say it has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I'm at 210,500 on the odometer and for a ten year old truck it looks pretty damn good. Due to a knee injury in my younger years the drivers seat is of utmost importance for me. I can not "sit" on the floor like most cars are laid out. The bulk of the expedition gets easy after a few outings. I don't even think about how big it is until someone climbs in and makes a comment. Speaking of climbing, you do indeed have to climb up into it.
Fuel mileage is not the best but I didn't purchase it with that in mind. Overall a well thought out SUV that has served me well.

maremanu 04-19-2007 08:24 AM

Dear Friends,

I am writing you from Italy. Recently I have bought an imported used 2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer.

It is a wonderful car (actually a SUV...). Handsome and powerful and confortable as well.

Unfortunately we do not have neither an owner's manual nor a "owner's wallet card" that was supposed to be in the glove compartment!?!

We don't know the code though and we have never known it. Therefore, we are unable to locate the code to lock and unlock the car.

Can anyone help me in understanding how do I set it up sothat I can use it? Or where do I find this code?

I would really appreciate your help. Thanks for your attention and the help.

Ciao from Italy!

Sincerely,

Marc