Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

99 Explorer Alarm/ Int light help!!

Old 02-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Default 99 Explorer Alarm/ Int light help!!

Hello People,

I seriously need some help. This is what happened. Today I left the lights on and after an hour the battery on my 99 Ford Explorer Sport was dead. So, I got a jump. Battery is fine but now when I use the keyless entry the horn honks twice for locked and once for unlocked, ok but it's LOUD!! And the interior light doesn't come on either when unlocking or with the dash switch or with the switches on the roof. They worked fine before. The lights do work as they come on when I turn the vehicle off. I did find the switch under the dash for the keyless, turned the key to on and pressed it for a long time and nothing happened (it was supposed to chirp, then turning the alarm off, but no go) And there is no indicator in the dash, just a THEFT light that flashes.

I realize that the alarm has been reset with the battery outage and if I have to live with the loud honk, I will but I can not live with the interior lights not working. One clue, the lights turned on when the passenger door was opened but not the drivers. This is driving me NUTS!! If anyone can help, I would be so appreciative!

Thanks!!