Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

Draft/heat problem on driver foot after having Remote start repaired

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Question Draft/heat problem on driver foot after having Remote start repaired

I took my 2007 Ford Explorer limited to have rear brakes fixed, and a Bidirectional Ford Remote Start fixed. They installed a new kit and I am not sure what they took apart to do it. Dash maybe? Since it has been repaired my left foot area on the driver side is cold. I feel a draft coming from somewhere. It is not enough to feel actual air blowing, but enough for me to stay cold on that side. Does anyone know where this could be coming from? Could something have been moved while fixing the remote start to make a draft come in the driver side? Any help is appreciated. Also, I keep heat on defrost/floor split. When I turn it on full heat from floor heat still comes out of the defrost area, in addition to the floor. Is this normal?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:16 PM

No this is not normal, especially since you didn't have the problem before they worked on it. Suggest you have them recheck their work and possibly reconnect what they disconnected .

Old 01-26-2012, 11:23 PM

I have had it back twice. They are telling me there is no problem and there's no way air can get in from outside. They finally admitted to removing the dash today. Before it was the inside driver quarter panel. Now they've changed again. They are telling me there's no way removing the dash could cause a draft. Do you know if there is a seal, vent, anything under the dash or around the steering column or windshield or by the left far corner of the driver floor that could allow this cold air in? I don't know if its on the passenger side as I have only driven it.