Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer Blend Door Actuator

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 08:06 PM
Default 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer Blend Door Actuator

After I had my 2000 Eddie Bauers battery disconnected for a few days, while I replaced my water pump, it started making the dreaded clicking noise under the dash. I had replaced the blend door on my wife's Explorer several years before so I knew what it was right away and disconnected the actuator motor. I bought a new blend door and cut a hole in the bottom of the air box, I then realized that the door is fine it is the motor that is the problem, so I bought a Dorman 604-202 air door actuator which looked the same as the original one, however I could not get it to line up the door no matter which way I turned it, so I plugged it in and let it turn without being attached to the door. After that I was able to seat it in the door, but the door would not move and even after removing the actuator it would not move again even when it was not connected to the door. I chatted with a Dorman representative who told me I had the wrong motor, he said I need the 604-201 which is for cars with the automatic temperature controls, so I ordered that one which looked exactly like the first one except it had a snap on mounting plate that my car did not use. It lined up with the door right out of the box but would not work neither in the door or out. The Dorman representative did not have any answers except to check the door, which is freely moving or the power which I do not have a schematic for and it is a four pronged plug, so I am not sure how to meter it. I have checked the fuse and it is fine and the other things on that same fuse are working fine. I have now ordered a 4 Seasons/Everco actuator, but I am wondering if there is anything else I should check before installing it.

Thanks,
Randy