Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

Wheel hub assembly

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 04:05 PM
Default Wheel hub assembly

I'm looking for somebody that can tell me how to identify a wheel hub assembly issue. I had raised the car spun all wheels and they all sound the same no grinding or wheel bearing problem sounding noises. I also have taken turns left and right, when I turn left a grinding noise is very noticeable. I'm guessing it's the right side being under loaded pressure the causes the noise but I can't tell if it's the front or the back right wheel. There is no play in the tires, there's only a grinding noise that increases with speed over 30 miles an hour. Jacked up the car spun tires individually but there is no noticeable grinding noise, all signs point to wheel assembly on all forums that I read. Tire rods seem to be in place without further inspection I can't understand how to check wheel assembly without taking off each Wheel and Tire. My 2013 Ford Explorer sport is in good shape, no codes when I use OBD reader. As far as I can tell this is Mint Condition engine. The noise is constant at speeds over 25 to 30 miles an hour and gets louder as speed increases. If anybody can help please private message me or reply to this thread to help me get some answers and change this assembly out.