Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

93 Explorer- WON'T START HELP PLZ!!??!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Default 93 Explorer- WON'T START HELP PLZ!!??!?!?

[:@][:@][:@]Hello everyone, I'm new here but I really need some help. I own a 93Ford Explorer with about 160k on her; most of them being highway miles, she's never really given me a problem until just recently, and now it's like one thing after another.My car has died on me 3 times in less than two weeks, all different parts. First, a week before Xmas my serpetine belt was giving me a problem; it just wouldn't stay on... found out it was my water pump... changed that. Next on Xmas day she wouldn't start.... found out it was my starter.... replaced that with a new solenoid. THEN a week later I was sitting in my car for one of my breaks at work. I starter her drove her across the street (better parking), left her running while I was in her after about ten minutes she just died. No noises, nothing funny just stop running like she ran out of gas or something. Now she won't start, she cranks but doesn't start. I thought it might be my FP relay but I changed it with the A/C realy and still nothing. The funny thing now is when I turn her on I don't hear my FP whined up anymore, but I know it's not the pump cuz I'm still getting gas through the line. I ran a diagnostic on my ECC it gave me a PO543 code. Something about a open circuit connection between the battery and FP, I don't know what that means. Can someone PLEASE HELP!!!! ???

Old 01-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Default RE: 93 Explorer- WON'T START HELP PLZ!!??!?!?

With the key on (not cranking), you should hear the pump for the first 2 or 3 seconds. If not, your pump isn't running. Make sure your inertia switch hasn't tripped. If the pumpIS running, make sure the filter isn't clogged. Then borrow (or purchase) a fuel pressure gauge. You may be getting a trickle of fuel, but you need around 40 psi in that line for the truck to run. Good luck!

Old 01-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Default RE: 93 Explorer- WON'T START HELP PLZ!!??!?!?

No I don't hear my pump anymore. AND like I said when I ran the diagnostics it gave me a P0543 code (Fuel Pump Open circuit connection to Electric Control Assembly). You said a pressure gauge? Hmmmm? I'll have to try it. I'll let you know. TY again.