Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

Reverse Sensor System Disabled?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 04:09 AM
Default Reverse Sensor System Disabled?

How can I enable the Reverse Sensory System on my 02 Explorer? The RSS switch is always Off. Even when I put it in reverse. I guess the previous owner disabled it permanently. Does anyone know if it is a fuse that needs to be replace? Help...please!

Old 06-03-2005, 03:14 AM
Default RE: Reverse Sensor System Disabled?

THIS WILL PROBABLY NEED BE A DEALER PROBLEM, YOU CAN DISABLE THE SYSTEM THRU PARAMETERS. DOES THE SYSTEM BEEP AT YOU THE FIRST TIME YOU START THE CAR? NOTE: IF THE SYSTEM FINDS A PROBLEM IT WILL DISABLE THE SYSTEM AND TURN ON THE LIGHT, SOORY NOT JUST A FUSE FIX. HAVE QUESTIONS, JUST REPLY, GOOD LUCK

Old 01-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Default RE: Reverse Sensor System Disabled?

I have the same problem. Seems to be more than minor occuance! Please let me know if you find out anything.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Default Reverse sensors are not working in my 2005 ford freestyle sel awd...

Originally Posted by techman
THIS WILL PROBABLY NEED BE A DEALER PROBLEM, YOU CAN DISABLE THE SYSTEM THRU PARAMETERS. DOES THE SYSTEM BEEP AT YOU THE FIRST TIME YOU START THE CAR? NOTE: IF THE SYSTEM FINDS A PROBLEM IT WILL DISABLE THE SYSTEM AND TURN ON THE LIGHT, SOORY NOT JUST A FUSE FIX. HAVE QUESTIONS, JUST REPLY, GOOD LUCK
Hi Techman,

I'm having 2005 Ford Freestyle SEL AWD for 1 1/2 years. It's just running great till now. However since a month I noticed my reverse sensors are not working. I unplugged the reverse sensors and cleaned it and in spite of that still the problem persists. I notice even after u detach those sensor I still can notice the error in my reverse sensor switch (when ever putting the reverse gear the switch indicator turning orange color continuously. I checked the fuse box also but reverse sensor fuse is OK. However I'm not sure is there any other problem in the unit which can cause this kind of mal-function. I thought it might be very expensive if I approach any technician. If u need any other info pertaining this problem please let me know. Please find me the solution to repair this problem. I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Regards,

Pubby

Old 03-31-2010, 03:08 PM

Normally it's caused by one or more of the sensors being bad. Issue could also be the module itself. I have replaced the module and 3 sensors on my Freestar in the past 6 years. I now have one that is flakey and is temperature sensitive. You can disconnect the sensors and meter them out and write down the resistance reading. All should be about the same. You will probably have one odd-ball reading. This is normally the bad one. This is how I have found mine. Some day I'll remove my bumper cover again and find mine and replace it again. It's never been the same one.