Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

“Stress in Transmission” code

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 06:20 PM
Default “Stress in Transmission” code

My dad bought that 2006 F-150 Lariat about 1 year ago. Power train replaced before he brought it home.. He was driving it last week and it just shut down driving it. They pushed it off the road and AAA came. They thought that maybe it needed gas it still wouldn’t start so they put dry gas in it.

It wouldn’t start so they towed it and When they got the truck to my dad’s, the AAA driver Pulled it in reverse up the driveway. Later it started but there is a squeal when starts up. He said it sounds like it is something underneath.

The code says “stress on the transmission”. Any ideas?

Old 09-20-2018, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Welcome to the site..

The truck drives now/still?
Squeal could be many things....

Power train was replaced,, 'power train' is the engine, transmission, a rear end, basically all the drive components. Did you mean the engine was replaced?, or the trans?
So,, when towed back home were the rear wheels lifted. or was it towed from the front? I'd doubt AAA would tow it wrong, ..but..
Pulled it reverse, meaning? the truck was dropped/lowered from rear lifted tow position, 'then' they pulled it backwards in reverse (why not neutral?) into a parking area/garage etc? Pulling it backwards a short distance shouldn't have created a trans issue..
Is the exact trans code available??