Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer refuses to repair my Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 12:36 PM
Default Dealer refuses to repair my Truck

I have a 2018 Ford F150 3.5L engine. My problems started in the beginning of June. I took my truck to the dealer for some recall issues. I also mentioned to the dealer that my engine would make a loud nocking noise when I started in the morning. They confirmed the noise and said that ford has an issue with the cam phaser in my engine. I only have 26000 miles on my truck. So the service department made the recall repairs and replaced the cam phasers. When I want back a week later to pick up my truck while the car was being driven to the service lane I received a message on Ford pass that my check engine came on . The person that brought me my car said thank you and have a nice day. I asked him about the check engine light that was on. My service advisor came over and the took my truck back in the shop. one hour later they brought my truck to me. They said that the Technician had not cleared the codes and that why it cam back. I drove my truck home and stopped for gas, After restarting my truck the check engine came back on again. When I parked in my driveway I noticed oil leaking from the bottom of my truck. I called the dealer and they told me to bring it back in. I took it back the next day and three days later they called me to pick it back up. While the check engine seems to be fixed I am still having oil leaks. I took it back again and they said fixed the oil leak. I now have driven about 200 miles and I started to smell a sweet smell from my exhaust. It smells like antifreeze. I open my hood and I could see that my coolant level was. Low. I did not see any external leaks. I did notice what looked to be like a milky substance on my oil cap. I took it back to the dealer and there excuse was when they changed the cam phaser that some antifreeze went down into the oil pan. They changed my oil and cleaned off my oil cap and returned my truck back to me. I have filed a claim with for customer relation and filed a report. I had been driving for about 1 week since they returned my truck. I again noticed a sweet smell coming from my exhaust. Check under me hood and I see the same Milky film on my oil cap and also loosing Antifreeze. I also see the same milky look on my radiator cap. At this point I was done with that dealer . I tried to take my truck to 3 different ford dealers to have them look at my problems. They all refused to service my truck. I was told to take it back to the dealer that did the repairs before. I finally was fed up and contacted a lawyer. She has since filed warranty claim with ford. She advised me to keep trying to get the dealer to fix my truck. I contact the original dealer that did the work and there service manager said that they refuse to work on my truck since I have a lawyer. I contact my lawyer and told her what they had told me and she said that she is working on it. She also said that they can not refuse to work on my truck. When i start my truck this morning it made a loud nocking noise for about 10 sec please see attached pictures any suggestion would be helpful

Old 07-18-2020, 04:14 PM

You may get assorted suggestions in what to do with this.
I believe we have a gentleman on the forum who works presently for a Ford dealership. I believe his name is Scott.
Hopefully he may be able to offer some guidance.

If what Scott suggests doesn't work, the dealership owner doesn't like to have disgruntled customers and you might want to make an appointment to discuss the situation with him. He will no doubt check with the service manager to get the details, but he can't sell vehicles if a bad reputation is keeping potential customers away..
I know you won't forget, "You get more flies with molasses than vinegar". What do you think?

Old 07-18-2020, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Since you’ve been driving it around with oil polluted with coolant,,, you can’t know for sure of any other damages that are on their way or may develop ‘later on’. The BEST route I’d push for at this point is for them to replace the engine, unless warranty was extended to a comfortable coverage on that mill, or, a buyback. If they refuse, and they can’t refuse to fix it, is let your lawyer challenge Ford.

Last edited by Hayapower; 07-18-2020 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:37 AM

Thanks for your reply I guess I have to wait for ford to get back with my lawyer. I have know other choice but to continue to drive. I need to be able to get to work

Old 07-19-2020, 09:39 AM

I am still under the 3 year 36000 mile warranty. What's sad about the whole issue it did not start until after they changed the cam phasers

Old 01-16-2021, 11:46 AM
Default Same story with my 2018 V8 truck

Same exact story with my truck started at 16k km except that when i contacted Ford customer relation manager i refused to take it back to the first dealership and the second one accepted it and discovered that the first dealership did a terrible job and Ford rejected their warranty claim so I’m guessing they paid for it at that time.
my truck still have engine issues with coolant consumption and misfiring 68k km!! Have no idea what to do anymore, i just gave up with Ford and their dealerships.