Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

anoying sound when cold

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Default anoying sound when cold

i got a 07 f150 ext cab 4X4 5.4L less then 4000 K on it. the thing is solid as hell, but when i first start the truck when its cold out ( -1 or colder ) and then drive it , there is somethign sqeeking in the dash. its nothign on the moter, the engine runs smooth and silent but when i hit bumps ( only when its cold ) the front dash sqeeks like there is something rubbing against anothe peace of plastic. I took the truck into the dealerbecause it was anoying the hell out of me , plus i just spent nearly 50 grand on this truck and i didint wana listen to that sound for the amount of cash i put into it. The dealer had it for a whole day and said they tightened everythign on the dash and it should be gone. so i picked up the truck and they were right, the sound was one, but the next morning i started my truck and drove it to work and sure enough, the first pump i hit it starts sqeeking again. So i called the dealer to get it in again but they said " this is a normal thing, it cant be fixed" now dont get me wrong. the truck is great and i love it. but i put on about 500 km a week and a lot of that is cold driving ( job site to job site , i work construction ) and with winter approaching and getting colder, the sound is only geting worse and worse. once the cab of my truck heats up the sound is gone and its no issue but for god sakes. is anyone else hearing this sound to? is there actually a problem with th dash mounts or something? cant i put a peace of felt against the parts that are rubbing so i can at least eliminate the anoying squeek?

anyway. i have had to thrck for 2 months now and thats the only issuie i have had.

Thanks

Dan

Old 11-16-2007, 07:28 AM
Default RE: anoying sound when cold

i don't know on the 07 but my 94 was that way and i kept searching and found the dash mount busted on the right side and i had to fabricate a mount and silicone around it to stop the squeak so check it good yourself even get hold of the dash in different areas along the bottom and pull up on it to see if its busted loose somewhere then make ford fix it because its not normal

Old 11-20-2007, 07:03 AM

I yanked on everythign and its solid. Nothing is moving on the dash, its all solid and conected well. If i cant find the problem by next week, ill just go to a diffrent dealership ( warrinty works at all ford dealers) But i looked into it and they have to fix the problem. The truck is not supposed to make those sounds and for some reason it is. Even though they will prob look at me and think im being an a$$ hole, they will fix it because its under warrint and it shouldint be makeing those sounds.

Thanks

Dan

Old 11-20-2007, 07:52 AM

raise cain with them . u know the old saying a squeaky hinge is the one that gets oiled