Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   Ford F-150 (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-f-150-14/)
-   -   Bad carburetor (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-f-150-14/bad-carburetor-32929/)

hanky 03-14-2015 03:57 PM

The fact that we both are thinking is a good thing, that's how problems get solved.
There was a float gauge to weigh those floats and without any specs the best thing to do is replace it, set it, and see if that solves the problem. There aren't too many things that can be that troublesome . If we take one step at a time we will correct the problem. Have you tried to locate a float for it?

beaglerock 03-15-2015 01:03 AM

No Hanky I haven't but have seen them online for about $12-14...what exactly is the purpose of a TPS? to my understanding it's to send a signal to the computer which tells the stepper motor to allow more or less air for correct mixture, am I right or on the wrong track
Thanks for responding

hanky 03-15-2015 11:54 AM

You're welcome!
The TPS in this case monitors the throttle position mostly for idle speed control among other reasons.
I wouldn't consider even touching that until you correct the cause of the running rich problem. That float's needle and seat appear to be allowing too much fuel to go into the intake and that , if the float level has not been altered, is cause enough for an overly rich mixture.

beaglerock 03-15-2015 09:11 PM

Ok I'll buy one of those and see how it goes.
Thanks Hanky

hanky 03-16-2015 02:03 PM

There is a good explanation related to the 7200VV carburetor if you go to the Autozone site .
Just google or check " float level spec for ford 7200VV carburetor" , It provides the float level spec (1.0 inches) and float drop spec (1 7/16 inches) and the correct method and sequence to perform the adjustments. It also explains how the mixture is controlled. It should help and also answer some questions you might have.

beaglerock 03-16-2015 02:57 PM

Ok, will do
Thanks Hanky

beaglerock 04-07-2015 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by beaglerock (Post 91922)
Ok, will do
Thanks Hanky

Hanky the problem is the choke assy./ the little cheap CER rod assy. The Vacuum that holds the, nevermind I'll send a pic long story short CER rod assy. Binds

beaglerock 04-07-2015 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by beaglerock (Post 92185)
Hanky the problem is the choke assy./ the little cheap CER rod assy. The Vacuum that holds the, nevermind I'll send a pic long story short CER rod assy. Binds

And it's all new!

vjsimone 05-27-2017 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by beaglerock (Post 92186)
And it's all new!

Did you ever get this Carb working properly?

Did you replace your TPS?

beaglerock 05-30-2017 09:33 AM

Vjsimone hi there, I'd forgotten about this thread but to answer your question, it is working fairly well after I replaced the float. It still running a little rich but I can live with it.No more stalling at stop signs or at sudden stops. Runs great on the highway and even getting 9.7 mpg ad opposed to 6.9 previously. Still haven't touched the TPS but did change out the O2 sensor. Overall I'm pleased and it's still original :)