Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

07 Ford F-150

Old 01-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Default 07 Ford F-150

Hi, i am looking to purchase an 07 f-150 full loaded power everything. I'm curious if anyone knows of any common problems with these trucks as I have been burnt in the past by dealerships and am now a bit gun shy, I want to have my knowledge on when I go to the dealerships. Any info would be awesome and much apprciated.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:32 PM

What package? XLT or Lariat. Engine size also. There area few issues with the cam phasers but it is not a real major issue. The spark plugs are known to break off in the head, but there is a kit made to remove the broken parts of the plug. From 2005 to 2008, Ford changed the spark plugs and they are not really a good thing. In 2009, they changed back to regular plug configuration. All in all, I have only been without my truck for about a week total since May of 97.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:57 PM

Well I want whichever has the center console shifter and if both of them have it which one is the more offroad style truck I'm only assuming that the lariat is more the suburban truck but I don't actually know, is it the design of the head or is it the plugs themselves? What year is your truck? And thanks for the response oh and I want 5.4L bigger is better

Old 01-12-2010, 06:53 PM

The center console and shifter is on the Lariat package. It is a plusher ride than the XLT. There is also the STX and the FX4 packages. I would opt for the XLT package with the 5.4. That is what I have in mine, Mine are 07's and the picture is on the top of the forums. The spark plugs themselves are the problem. Ford installed a ling grouns electrode cover and that is what is siezing to the head. Picture of plug below. If you can afford it, look at the 2010 Raptor.

Attached Thumbnails 07 Ford F-150-5.4-plug.jpg  

Search this Thread