Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-f-250-ford-f-350-15/)
-   -   6.0l (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-f-250-ford-f-350-15/6-0l-38352/)

Chad E Brewer 07-30-2018 03:12 PM

6.0l

Chad E Brewer
I'm so lost... My 2005 6.0 just shut down while driving. Now when I turn the key, all the gauges and lights turn on on the cluster. But i hear no cycling of injectors . No fuel pump no ficm.Turn to run no starter. Ive changed everything from ignition to wiring harness. And no change.
my starter works because I jumped it under the hood.
it acts like the ignition isn't on . Even a code reader won't read .
Can someone plz help me

Hayapower 07-31-2018 09:44 AM

Certainly all the overload protections were checked?
Have you checked the PCM power relay?
PCM controls the starter relay, as well as the fuel pump relay, FICM etc.

Chad E Brewer 07-31-2018 02:32 PM

All

When it died , I changed from ignition switch, ignition mofule, brake petal switch, ficm, ficm wiring harness ,pcm and sll the fuses and relays

Hayapower 07-31-2018 08:07 PM

Question still stands..
Youve changed out parts, but are they receiving power distribution? If NO, then the steps involve finding out why, where and when....

bismic 08-01-2018 11:35 AM

Check the fan clutch wiring. Look for wire chafing i the harness and wiring. Also check the inertia switch.

Might as well check to see if it will crank in neutral also.

Chad E Brewer 08-03-2018 05:07 AM

No strarter

It won't crank in neutral the inertia switch it not popped. Is there a specific wife on the fan clutch or anyone on it

bismic 08-03-2018 05:31 AM

Double check fuse F2.22.

I'll look for the wire color. For now, unplug the fan clutch and try it. Might even have someone wiggle the wiring harness while you crank, if unplugging it doesn't work by itself.

A shorted out 5V reference circuit will also do this. Might check that voltage (vref) w/ the key on. Also could unplug the following sensors one at a time: EBP, EGR, ICP, EOT, ECT, IAT1, IAT2, WIF MAP, Baro, APP.

They all have the 5V reference circuit.

hanky 08-03-2018 05:44 AM

You could check all those areas for V ref, but might be simpler and quicker to confirm if PCM Pwr relay is active and working when activated.

Hayapower 08-03-2018 10:49 AM

F2.22 like bismic mention is input protect to the PCM through a closed PCM relay . A ‘quick check’ there at least tells weather or not power distribution is available for/to the PCM, as well as proves out ignition switch function and its protection. More so since it won’t crank the engine either, another PCM control system..
If 22 is open/no power distribution on the hot side of the fuse, the engines not going to crank, and vref all missing..

Chad E Brewer 08-03-2018 04:20 PM

I will

Thank you so much for your time and help.