Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-f-250-ford-f-350-15/)
-   -   Bad pcm? (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-f-250-ford-f-350-15/bad-pcm-34628/)

Caterpillar man 06-26-2016 09:11 PM

Bad pcm?

Ok guys I have a 2000 f250 5.4 2v triton long story short I bought this truck thinking it would be a quick fix but I'm finding out otherwise using a snap on scanner the monitoring shows the pcm making the right bank run -25 and the left bank 20 I have replaced all plugs with motorcraft and gapped to .56 it has new COPS and I also pulled the injectors to check to see if they were stuck open they weren't I've fixed intake leaks and vacuum leaks I have 35 psi fuel pressure it has a new crank sensor and cam sensor I've cleaned the IAC and the throttle body and the MAF sensor the engine is literally running on 4 cylinders I can unplug the injectors on the right bank and perform a KOER test and it shows righ bank running rich I tested the O2 sensors and they were faulty but with new bosch sensors i have no change in result the only thing left is the knock sensor or the PCM I have no pending codes and the only memory codes were #4 cylinder misfire I need some help I'm a heavy equipment mechanic not auto lol

hanky 06-27-2016 02:48 PM

Please reread your post and correct accordingly. Once you check it you should find what I believe is an error. Thanks

Caterpillar man 06-27-2016 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by hanky (Post 98275)
Please reread your post and correct accordingly. Once you check it you should find what I believe is an error. Thanks

I don't understand

Caterpillar man 06-27-2016 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by hanky (Post 98275)

I apologize for the error maybe now it makes more sense

hanky 06-27-2016 08:06 PM

What are the readings for the oxygen sensors?
If someone else worked on the vehicle earlier could they have switched the sensor plugs? A little more investigating as to just what the PCM is seeing/receiving may shed some light on just what is going on. Can you post some of the data?

Caterpillar man 06-27-2016 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by hanky (Post 98279)
What are the readings for the oxygen sensors?
If someone else worked on the vehicle earlier could they have switched the sensor plugs? A little more investigating as to just what the PCM is seeing/receiving may shed some light on just what is going on. Can you post some of the data?

They bounce around a lot but both the left and right are between 800-900 always together in numbers on the scanner I'll post more accurate readings tomorrow

hanky 06-28-2016 03:28 AM

You might try creating a big vacuum leak and see if the sensors respond.

Caterpillar man 07-10-2016 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by hanky (Post 98284)
You might try creating a big vacuum leak and see if the sensors respond.

Ok I apologize for the delay in the response it's been a hectic week. Ok I tried creating a vacuum leak and the PCM did change the fuel but the engine of course run a lot worse as a theory I borrowed a compression gauge and tested all the cylinders even though I have no black smoke and no blow by i come up with #1-115 psi #2- 120 psi #3-120 psi #4-110 psi #5-145psi #6-210 psi #7-205 psi #8-215 psi , what would cause 1-4 to be so weak in compression maybe a jumped timing chain that jumped 1 tooth causing this problem? again I have no codes