Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   Ford Five Hundred (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-five-hundred-67/)
-   -   Other remote control made flickered low beams (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-five-hundred-67/other-remote-control-made-flickered-low-beams-38540/)

Patrice Jobin 09-05-2018 11:23 PM

Other remote control made flickered low beams

Recently I installed a projector in my yard, it is remote controlled, and I realized that, as soon as I press any button on the RF remote control, the low lights of my Ford Five Hundred 2005 flashes like a strobe . After seeing these problems, I tried other RF remote controls that I have at home, and almost all 315mhz RF remote control cause this problem. Since I replaced halogens with LEDs, the problem is even more glaring. I thought it was the remote starter receiver, but it's not, because I unplugged it, and the problem is still there.

hanky 09-06-2018 11:05 AM

You probably have a choice of changing all the frequencies of all the affecting items or installing a capacitive filter in your vehicle lighting system to not respond to that frequency. There is the possibility it could affect your remote key system that flicks the lights and toots the horn when used. What do you think ?

Patrice Jobin 09-06-2018 06:48 PM

I thought about the option to put a capacitor and a relay on the circuit lights, but I would like to leave it stock, and for the frequency of remotes, I can not do anything, only the code can be changed, but thank you for your answer, I'm not saying no, for the delay on the lights, if I have no other correct answers.

hanky 09-07-2018 04:47 AM

I guess it depends on which is most important.
It might come down to having to choose if you chose to use some type of shielding.and even then you might have to deal with a heat problem.
What if you increased the distance between the two affected pieces? (Vehicle and house transmitters)

Patrice Jobin 09-07-2018 09:33 AM

Thank you for your answer, unfortunately I do not have only one transmitter for my house, and they all affect my car, it is my neighbor who made me discover this problem. But the problem could be my SJB (Smart Junction Box). I bought this vehicle last winter and since then I've had a lot of weird problems.

hanky 09-07-2018 03:52 PM

I checked with someone that has more experience with RF work than I do and he suspected at the present time anyone with a frequency like yours would be able to access your vehicle since the encoding in your vehicle system is not functioning. What is the exact cause is unknown at this time, but I suspect the vehicle GEM (Generic electronic module) may be responsible. Due to the age of the vehicle I don't know if you want to spend the $$$$ to replace the GEM. I would suggest if it is a serious problem for you, have someone confirm that diagnosis before spending any money for a replacement and go from there.

Patrice Jobin 09-07-2018 04:33 PM

Thank you for your answer, hanky, but the only common electronic module in my vehicle is the SJB (smart junction box), there is no GEM (Generic electronic module) in my vehicle. I am an electronics technician, if I manage to remove the module in question, I will be able to see what is in trouble. Unfortunately, I do not know where this vehicle came from, other than the vehicle seller who sold it to me.

And I understand that the fact that he is so old, and I can actually have problems with electronic modules. I suspect the SJB, since the beginning, because it is not the only electrical problem I have with this vehicle since I bought it. If I did not have that bad back, it would be a long time since I removed this famous module to check it.

hanky 09-08-2018 01:43 AM

Under the present circumstances it would seem you have a few choices.
Have someone remove the SJB so you can examine it and make the necessary repairs
Get another from a salvage yard hoping it is good and have someone just install it
Take the vehicle to a shop that can conform the problem and do what is necessary to repair/correct the problem.

Patrice Jobin 09-08-2018 09:43 AM

Actually, that's what I'm going to do.

Thanks

Patrice Jobin 09-15-2018 04:06 PM

Finally I put delay relay for my low beam in my SJB (Smart Junction Box), is less expensive than changing it, and anyway, I do not think that's the problem anymore.

Thank you to everyone who answered and gave me ideas.