Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

2007 Ford Fusion Grinding/Clicking When Turning

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Default 2007 Ford Fusion Grinding/Clicking When Turning

I've recently noticed that when I'm driving if I take a left hand turn I can hear what sounds like a loud clicking/grinding type noise. More clicking though I'd say. This generally only happens when I turn left, though I have started to hear very faint when I turn right. Some specifics about the problem:
[ul][*]The noise is loudest when making a left hand turn[*]I've also noticed that it only makes the noise if I am stepping on the gas while I am turning. If I am just coasting through the turn, there is no noise.[*]I only hear this problem when it's cold outside and the car hasn't had a chance to warm up. Once the care warms up, I don't hear the noise at all.
[/ul]I'm not sure if this is common or if I should be getting in to my mechanic to have it checked out. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated!!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Default RE: 2007 Ford Fusion Grinding/Clicking When Turning

Sounds like you are having a problem with the CV axle/joint assy. It seems like your vehicle is not old enough to have one going bad due to age, but it is possible that for some reason the boot may have been been split or damaged and that would lead to an early failure. Could also be brake related, although your discription leans toward the CV assy.

Well, unless you like to tinker with your cars in the garage, I would take it in and have a Mech look at it. But it would still be wise to take a look for something obvious underneath so you don't get taken for a total ride.

Good Luck...Maybe more information to follow.