Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

2015 Ford Fusion MyFordTouch Sync2 Crash

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 12:51 PM
Default 2015 Ford Fusion MyFordTouch Sync2 Crash

Hi Folks,

A couple of weeks ago I started my car to see MyFordTouch screen go into system maintenance mode and then crash/reboot continuously. This issue happened with my 2015 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium after just under 3 years of ownership. I've attached 5 picture sequences showing the issue:
  1. Sync Software goes into 'Performing scheduled system maintenance..." mode. I've never seen this before so this was the first sign of trouble.
  2. With a Ford tech on the phone, I was trying to do a "
    ". No luck.
  3. The crash with "Application servicesd.exe encountered a serious error and must shut down." error message.
  4. Ford logo after crash.
  5. Ford logo fade to black. Queue
I have about 41K miles on the car with no factory warranty remaining. Fortunately, I bought the dealerships extended warranty. They are having to order a new Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) and will be installing it for the $100 deductible on my extended warranty.

Without the extended warranty, I would be looking at doing this to upgrade to SYNC3 instead of paying my dealer $1,200+ to put the same crappy💩 SYNC2 APIM back in my car. 4DTech.com shows you how to do it in their YouTube video called, "
". I would be interested to hear anyone's experiences with this upgrade.

Hope this is a helpful thread.

Attached Thumbnails 2015 Ford Fusion MyFordTouch Sync2 Crash-1.png   2015 Ford Fusion MyFordTouch Sync2 Crash-2.png   2015 Ford Fusion MyFordTouch Sync2 Crash-3.png   2015 Ford Fusion MyFordTouch Sync2 Crash-4.png   2015 Ford Fusion MyFordTouch Sync2 Crash-5.png  

Old 01-29-2018, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Easy upgrade,, CarPlay works well and can’t be tweaked to add many features not offered stock..
‘Take out’ AIPM’s programmed to your VIN options and can be had for about half the cost of a dealer.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:35 PM
Default Same issue, same car, same time-frame

I also have a 2015 Ford Fusion and encountered the same issue today, for the first time - same error message and loop.

I wonder if other 2015 owners with Sync2 have begun encountering the issue in the same time frame. If so, it may indicate a larger hardware fault or issue with an over-the-air update.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:23 PM

Looks like this is common. You know what you could also do? Call your local dealership and ask int he service department if they get many Ford with this issue.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:41 PM
Default Me Too!!!!!

Does anyone have any good news regarding a fix for this issue?

Old 06-13-2018, 01:23 PM
Default Touchscreen Serious Error shutdown

We had the same error, with touchscreen on 2015 Ford Fusion energi. Still not repaired, just happened. I wonder if anyone had success with removing the battery cable and then starting up again. Did this help anyone to get past the error?

I suppose the worst is new APIM hardward, and we too have an extended warranty and glad we do since this may be an expensive repair without it.

I have an Alldata subscription (vehicle repair mainual) and they advise a battery disconnect and then further a Master reset and if that doesn't work it looks like either some re programming may be possible or hardware APIM unit needs replacement.
This is June 13th. I'd be interested in replies from others who have had this problem and how it was corrected. I don't know why it happened and if anyone had a report why it did, that too I'd be interested in.
Roger

Old 06-18-2018, 08:15 PM
Default 2016 fusion

2016 fusion energi titanium Crashed with same problem also June 13 took it in Saturday, still no word.

Last edited by None; 06-18-2018 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Add specifics
Old 08-25-2018, 03:00 PM

Our 2015 Fusion energi started the same problem in May 2018 (just over 3yrs old, warranty expired). The local dealer replaced the ACU (audio control module), but it did not fix the problem. I have now been waiting since May for the dealer to get the part on hand to repair my car (they suspect they need to replace the APIM now).

In those three months, I have tried the battery disconnect and the factory reset a few times. No difference. I am encouraged to hear that many owners are having the same problem (it isn’t just my vehicle).

My dealer has said the delay is from the part not being available. Apparently I am waiting on a refurbished or remanufactured part to repair my vehicle. The dealer explained that they have to wait for some of the parts to come to some repair facility, be repaired, and then be available for shipping to a dealer for install. Doesn’t make me feel better to know that I will get a refurbished part.

What is really annoying is how poor the communication has been from the dealer. I have to call to get updates from them; they never return my calls. They don’t really seem interested in fixing my vehicle.

Old 10-20-2018, 02:53 AM

A quick update on this issue, I have not experienced any more crashes with the new APIM installed on my Fusion. I still have the crappy Microstuff SYNC2 software on the APIM.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:22 AM
Default Fixed!!!

I had the same problem on my 2016 Ford Explorer Sync w/ Navigation. The dealer told me that it would be $900 to fix!!! When I did a search for an APIM replacement part, a video on YouTube told me to hold the forward/seek button while pressing the power button to reset the system. Low and behold, it fixed it!!! I called the dealership, and they told me it may be a temporary fix, but it's saving me $900 for now!

Quick Reply: 2015 Ford Fusion MyFordTouch Sync2 Crash