Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

Regret

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 08:33 AM
Default Regret

I bought my 2014 Ford Fusion with 100 miles at my local Ford Dealer on LI NY... loved it untill all the recalls started coming. I brought my car to have a recall performed at about 14k miles for a faulty temp regulator that could cause the car to overheat.... they had no current remedy so recall was not performed, they sent me home with invoices proving nothing was done and to drive the same faulty vehicle. On my way to work on a Tuesday(19k miles at this time) when my brakes lock up doing 50, smoke pouring out of the rear of vehicle. It was on fire completely! Luckily I got out slightly injured. FIRE IN ENGINE COMPARTMENT AND FORD REFUSED TO MAKE ANYTHING RIGHT. I shouldve leased that piece of garbage and saved thousands in equity that I LOST WHEN IT COMBUSTED!! Ford owners beware, from what I read it’s common and believe me Ford company is PETTY AND DISHONARABLE. Check pics and see for yourself

Old 09-21-2018, 11:26 AM

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention.
Would it be asking too much if you were to allow us to get the complete story as it seems there are a few voids in what you passed on to us so far.There may be other folks that had/have a similar problem and your info and maybe theirs may help come up with a possible acceptable solution. Thank you.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:52 AM

Sure what else would you like to know? I was ever given a final determination of cause of the fire, insurance only wrote it off as a total loss “ fire in engine compartment”. No investigations were held despite my many attempts. I contacted insuarance, lawyers and even Better Buisiness Beurau to have Ford take responsibility for faulty equipment but everything failed. Insuarance paid comprehensive, GAP insuarance with Ford covered part of the remaining balance. In the end Ford had the nerve to bill me 1400$ that both insuarances fell short of covering. So a debt for a car that they destroyed.... 6 year warranty plan, every bolt turned on that car was done by a Ford dealership professional and I got records to prove it. Always every recall, oil change, or service.... There is no good reason here and it reflects on the company. Really ruined me for awhile, and they could care less