Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

New ignition key for FFH

Old 10-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Default New ignition key for FFH

If you wish an extra key for your Ford Fusion Hybrid and not have to pay $180 through the dealership, you can find a Flip Key on the Internet. You need your two original keys to program a new third key, so buy it now so you can still program it. I received my FFH flip-key the other day for $59 with shipping. I tried to get the key cut at some big-box stores and even the dealership and they wouldn’t or couldn’t do it. When I took it to a key shop he quickly unscrewed the key shaft and cut the key. The screws are on each side and are exposed when the shaft is only opened to 45 degrees, not fully open. I gave the shop owner a copy of the programming instructions, that he didn’t have, and in return he said the cutting was free. Sometimes today, the bigger the company the smaller the service.
The programming instructions that came with the key were flawless and the ignition and the door remote worked on the first try.
The secret to cutting the key is to remove the shaft and going to a real key shop. ( see photo to show screw locations)

Attached Thumbnails New ignition key for FFH-blade-screws.jpg   New ignition key for FFH-2-keys.jpg