Ford Mustang For over 50 years, the Mustang name has stood for affordable industry leading performance with its powerful V8 Ford Mustang engines and sporty lines.

2019 Ford Mustang ecoboost purchasing opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 07:33 PM
Default 2019 Ford Mustang ecoboost purchasing opinion?

Hi everyone! I知 looking towards to purchasing a brand new 2019 Ford mustang ecoboost. This is my first Ford Mustang car and I知 not sure how reliable they are after a few years. I would like to get everyone opinion on how long do they last, how many miles do they usually reach and is it easy affordable maintenance? After the warranty end does the car usually end up having issues that needs to get fixed? Are they great and comfortable for daily driver? How is it on the gas mileage?

Thank you

Old 12-01-2019, 08:57 PM

Hi Mike1755,

I purchased a 2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost back in late July of 2019. While I haven't had the vehicle as long as some other owners may have, I have definitely put it to the test in the short amount of time I've had it. Our family has been Mustang owners for a long period of time. As with all vehicles, if you keep them well maintained and take them in to get serviced when advised via the manufacturer, you shouldn't experience any major issues for a long time. Of course, this depends on your driving habits and the purpose you will be using the vehicle. In my case, it is a daily driver and I have about 8,000 miles already. I am about due for an oil change. A neat feature of newer vehicles, that have monitoring built into them, is that they can be linked to your smartphone and you can have constant access to oil, tire pressure, and a bunch of other vehicle features. Next, if you link your new vehicle with the Ford app, you get about ~43,000 points. Please note, this number may have changed since I got my vehicle but I assume it will be pretty close if not the same. The points can be used for oil changes or discounts. If you happen to use all your points within the time span, the prices for repairs seem reasonable. It depends a lot on your financial position, I don't have any issues with any replacement costs but I may be an outlier in this area. I hope that other Mustang owners can chime in and give you more information about this part. Next, as I am not even close to the warranty spot, I cannot give you a personal account to this part. However, as my family has owned Mustangs since the 1980 Cobra Mustang, Ford has continued to have quality as one of their major values. As long as you don't wreck the vehicle, you shouldn't see any repairs or issues for a long time. Finally, I find the seats in the 2019 Ford Mustang Premium Ecoboost to be fantastic. I normally drive for 3-5 hours a day (work and daily life tasks), and it doesn't hurt my back or make me sore in other areas. I was surprised by this because my 2015 Ford Fusion would make my back hurt after a long drive. In terms of gas mileage, Ford advertises 21 in the city and 32 on the highway. Your mileage will vary depending on if you drive in 'Sport' mode or 'Drive.' It has long been believed that 'Sport' mode gives you less miles per gallon. It logically makes sense but I haven't noticed any major changes in mileage. In the end, if you drive it like you are racing at every light, you will get less than the advertised. Of course, those numbers are the best estimates that anyone will be able to give you.

I hope this helps you make a decision and I hope you enjoy your vehicle if you opt to purchase it. I know I don't regret the decision!

- A