Ford Mustang For over 50 years, the Mustang name has stood for affordable industry leading performance with its powerful V8 Ford Mustang engines and sporty lines.

2014 Mustang GT BBQ tick

Old 09-28-2017, 08:29 PM
Default 2014 Mustang GT BBQ tick

Purchased my first ford two saturdays back. 2014 10kmiles track pack. Drove it 60 miles home from the dealership and noticed the tick. The one that sound like a BBQ igniter. It is not to be mistaken for a knock. Makes the tick when the ac turns on. For over a week it has been in the local ford service center. Ford are not giving me any idea of the issue. They make out they don't know. which I do not believe for one minute. I can't see how Ford will make this situation right. I feel cheated by the dealer as they did not sell me the car that they advertised as fully inspected. They got a great price with my trade in and have profit there. When I informed the dealership right away they Washed their hands of the issue but state they stand by their vehicles. What does that mean. I have a Ford customer care manager assigned, looking into buy back. I just want to reset and walk away from Ford motors. If they do buy back the car I will be free from the lemon but I will not get my old car back and will most properly be offered the trade figure not the market value and be some $3-4K out of pocket and no car. If I am offered a new engine this is logged and devalues the car with future trades. If the engine was driven too hard or neglected or even subjected to manufacturing /assembly defects there is a high risk for other major systems to become defective in the near future. with my luck so far would it would happen out the warranty period. The dealership removed the engine with out my concent. That has me mad. If they find a mustang of equal value, mileage, year and swap with no further inconvenience to me that may work out. It's sad that I now need to seek legal represention to achieve a result that is not going to put me too far in the red

Link to video of the tick