Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

2004 Taurus: Neg. Camber can't be adjusted??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Default 2004 Taurus: Neg. Camber can't be adjusted??

I recently had an oil change done at the dealership I purchased my car. I have only had the car for like 4 months and this was the first oil change I have ever had done it. The guy there told me that i needed a 4 wheel alignment done because one of my tires was wearing badly.
They didn't do alignments there so I took it to another place the next day. They called me at work and told me that the camber needed to be adjusted in the right front and I told them to go ahead and do whatever they had to do. They then called me back to tell me that it couldn't be adjusted. They said that if it would have had to be adjusted the other way, it could have been done, but because it had to be adjusted this way, there was no way to do it. They told me that it came from the factory this way.
I took it to another guy and just talked to him and he said it was possible, but that the neg. camber wasn't going to kill the car and wasn't dangerous. He also said that it was eventually going to start eating tires and that if it indeed could not be adjusted, the only way to fix it so that it could be adjusted was to put the car on a frame machine and stretch the frame.
This car still has warranty.
Has anyone heard of this? If so, what should I do?