Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

transmission

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Default transmission

need to replace shift solenoids do i have to remove transmission.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:26 PM

That's a loaded question with no information other than the post appears in the Taurus section. How about year, model and maybe why you feel you need to change the solenoids. Trying to possibly save you some time and maybe $$$.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Default Transmission

Ford Taurus 2000 need to replace solenoid shift sensors code reads have to replace 3 shift solenoid c, shift solenoid clutch shift and 1 more thats what discount told us. Do we need to remove transmission to replace these Thanks

Old 05-23-2011, 02:25 PM

You do not have to remove the trans. It can get quite involved removing everything out of the way in order to remove the valve body cover. What code(s) did you get? What symptom is the vehicle giving?

Old 05-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Default transmission

Hi, codes are shift solenoid a and c and torque converter shift solenoid That is what we were told by advance auto. The car has trouble shifting and there is no reverse only when you have to rev it up. Thanks for the help

Old 05-25-2011, 06:54 PM

I do not believe it a wise move to plan to or replace those solenoids, not just yet.
It's rare for 3 solenoids to go all at the same time. I believe you have a possible electrical problem common to these solenoids. It will require some detailed /pinpoint testing to check the circuits. You could have only a bad electrical connection where the wiring plugs onto the trans. You could also have a questionable trans range selector switch.
It would be a wise move to have someone experienced with the type car you have check it further. It could save you a lot of trouble and unnecessary expense.
A second opinion would be a good move.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Default transmission

I am taking it to get a full scan cost $80.00 I think its worth it. I will keep you posted I am hoping I have luck and it won't be that expensive to fix Thanks