Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   Ford Tempo/Probe (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-tempo-probe-39/)
-   -   Where are the fusible links?? (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-tempo-probe-39/where-fusible-links-35669/)

Damn Probe 03-04-2017 06:07 PM

Where are the fusible links??

I recently tried to jump start my 95 probe and I connected the cables backwards so I think I burned the fusible links and someone else said I might've burned my ecu. I'd like to check those links out, only thing is I can't find them! The engine bay is super cramped too so any work on it is annoying so I don't want to tear the whole thing apart for something so small

Hayapower 03-04-2017 08:57 PM

Welcome to the site..

Check the 30 amp fuse in Engine Compartment Fuse Box. It's circuit protection for the PCM power relay, fuel pump relay, and Alt. In fact, check them all to be certain. Any opens, replace,, and double check for anything in the Interior Fuse Panel...

So, it's not cranking, not starting? What systems are out?

Damn Probe 03-04-2017 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hayapower (Post 101216)
Welcome to the site..

Check the 30 amp fuse in Engine Compartment Fuse Box. It's circuit protection for the PCM power relay, fuel pump relay, and Alt. In fact, check them all to be certain. Any opens, replace,, and double check for anything in the Interior Fuse Panel...

So, it's not cranking, not starting? What systems are out?

Absolutely dead. No sounds or crank when I put in the key and turn, but thanks for the reply. I'll check them out to be certain.

Hayapower 03-04-2017 10:06 PM

Along with the 30 for PCM etc, shows to be circuit protection to 100amp in the Engine box as well for Alt. If that is open, you'll loose power distribution in the 'chain' that feed off of it.. If the fuses prove out,,
Being is was jumped wrong polarity, is the battery testing spec?

You should have some life even if a no start,, unless opens exist, or,, battery, clamps, ground are cause..

Damn Probe 03-04-2017 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hayapower (Post 101219)
Along with the 30 for PCM etc, shows to be circuit protection to 100amp in the Engine box as well for Alt. If that is open, you'll loose power distribution in the 'chain' that feed off of it.. If the fuses prove out,,
Being is was jumped wrong polarity, is the battery testing spec?

the battery was tested to be holding a higher charge than nescesary. Don't know what you mean by 'chain', polarity, and pcm. The only two fuses I've got for 30 amps are the DRL relay and F/P INJ fuse.

Hayapower 03-04-2017 10:32 PM

Look for the 100 amp protection in the engine compartment Fuse box. Wasn't sure if it was just a no start, or stone dead. PCM is the cars computer, some call ECU.. That F/P is power distribution in part to the PCM power relay. Polatrity is just pos/negative. If polarity is reversed, or cabled backwards is the same meaning..

Quite a few to near all functions feed off of that 100 amp. Kinda a break in the chain of power distributions if it's open/blown...