General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

turbo boost

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 07:45 PM
Red face turbo boost

HI does any know what the boost pressure is on a 2lt ford turbo ford fusion 2014

Old 09-09-2020, 07:24 AM

So the boost pressure depends on how fast the engine is going.
Turbos are powered by exhaust gases and the more exhaust gases that pass the faster the turbines go creating more pressure. The pressure is controlled by the wastegate solenoid which the adjusts to match the desired and actual boost pressure. I checked and I do not see a maximum boost pressure listed in the workshop manual.
Can you explain better what you are wanting to know.

Last edited by scott.butler4; 09-09-2020 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:09 PM
Lightbulb turbo over bost

Hi Thanks for the fast answer my check engine
light is always coming on with code po 234 over bost ...replace solenoid assembly turbo bl3z9k378a-cb theres is two of them. the old one did not work when we check on the table but now it tells me its the pressure censer and shows it reading 14.5 or so at idle and almost 30 when we reve. the engine so now i think its the pressure censer and when you take the 14.5 off the total its almost the right it suppose to b 15 to 18 psi

Old 09-09-2020, 10:30 PM

Check your charge air cooler tubes and your vacuum lines for any damage and tight connections.
If none is found then replace the turbo charger waste gate regulating valve solenoid. Take some pictures of where the clamps are and how the hoses are routed before removing the old solenoid.
The solenoid is number 6 below.
Buy a motorcraft solenoid, not some aftermarket brand.
I do not want to come across as a dick but if you structure your sentences better and give more pointed details that would help with suggestions, my suggestion here is strictly based on the code you listed as I found your post confusing with just the right amount of vague details to not be clear what is happening, what you have done, how you are getting fault/data info.

Old 09-10-2020, 01:33 PM
Talking turbo over boost

Hi Thanks for the reply Thumbs up I replace the number 6 that is on the picture and it still over boost .Now reader reads that the absolute pressure censer at fault .On the reader it reads that it show a 14.5 lbs pressure at idle and up to 32 lbs when rev up that is probably why it over boosting .So I ordered a knew censer. Any way the way Im thinking if you subtract the normal air pressure which is about 14.5 lbs or so . the rest of the numbers of 17.5 lbs is fairly close to the right turbo pressure I hope I will let you know if im right the part will not be in till Tuesday. PS It is ok for the sarcasm or what ever you call it. Cool I am not perfect . I have no problem with any of it .That is all part of every day of life right. Wink Have a nice day and enjoy. Smile Lionel

Old 09-10-2020, 02:29 PM

You say that "now reader reads that the absolute pressure sensor at fault".
So you do have a different code now after replacing the the waste gate regulating valve solenoid?
What sensor are you reading to get the pressure info?
Have you checked if the wastegate is opening?

Old 09-10-2020, 06:14 PM
Thumbs up turbo over boost

Hi Thanks for the reply .AS per the actuator to see if it work . First we used the vacuum but it would not move ,So we tried with low air pressure about 14 lbs and it moved . But I do not know if it suppose to open with vacuum or air pressure . But like I said the absolute pressure censer read 14.5 lbs at idle and as high has 32 lbs at full rev. OK I really do not know what ells to do till I get the new censer and go from there maybe next I will replace the actuator on the turbo if necessary Again Thanks so enjoy your day take care be safe .Thumbs up