General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

two stage to single stage unlock

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 03:17 AM
Talking two stage to single stage unlock

Hi
I'm trying to make sense of the Ford AU owners' manual describing how to convert the remote unlock from the 2 stage (default) to single stage - all doors open with one push of the unlock button. It says: "With all doors closed hold both the lock and unlock buttons bound ('bound?' - OK, down) simultaneously for 5 seconds, indicators will flash to indicate the select has been made.(WHAT select?) The selection is stored in the memory for each keypad."
New paragraph, headline: "THEREFORE:" - therefore? What's therefore for? I mean this manual presumably was NOT written by the Chinese. In those days the cars were still made in America, or in my case, Australia, so there's no excuse for the bad English. Anyway to continue: "One vehicle operator may have a conventional keypad, all doors unlock. A second operator may prefer security and the keypad is set to 2 stage." (End of instructions) Duuuh! We know that much already. What we're trying to find out is how to DO it!