Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   2008 f250 dome light flashes (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/2008-f250-dome-light-flashes-23446/)

JOEROCK 01-31-2011 08:44 AM

2008 f250 dome light flashes

hi guys am new to this forum i have a 2008 f250 king ranch and the dome lights flash whenever the ignition is on, like it is telling me something is wrong. with key off they work ok. no other lights out or anything working funny except turn signals flash a bit faster than the 4 ways, but thats has been that way. any ideas, dealer says never seen this before

Harley C 11-20-2011 06:48 PM

Hi Joerock. How did you solve the problem with the interior flashing lights. I have the same issue on the same truck.

greasemark 11-20-2011 07:10 PM

Interesting; haven't seen that particular problem in this chassis recently. A good place to start would be to lube the door ajar switches. They are intergral to the latch(not quite, but close enough to preclude the explaination). Use a silicone spray, and throughly spray the entire latch, and SLAM (not gently) close the door 3-4 times. If you notice the lights comming on again, try wiggling the doors to isolate which it is. This could be a particular switch that isn't quie in adjustment also, in which case the door striker can be adjusted.
If it continues, you'd best take it to a dealer or someone that can monitor the door ajar switches with the doors open and closed, and possibly road testing it to isolate the concern further.
Good luck!

Harley C 11-21-2011 03:26 AM

Thanks for the advise. I'll do that but don't think that's the prolem. Any other advise?

greasemark 11-21-2011 10:06 PM

Not other then the Smart Junction Box (kinda like a GEM Module on steroids) controls this, with the Vehicle Security Module. This could be weird...

FordTech 11-26-2011 04:31 PM

Flashing lights

Most likely your SJB is trying to tell you something. Its probably warning you of something not communicating with it. If you cant figure it out, your going to have to take it in and have the SJB trouble codes retreived to isolate the fault. I know that when the SJB's are not flashed or configured with the vehicle, they will flash the interior lights until they are. But they could also flash the interior lights when the SJB detects a fault. Faults with the SJB will not neccessarily show any warning lights in the dash, which is probably why its flashing the interior lights.

swebigmac 02-05-2012 10:00 AM

Recently had the same issue with a 2011 F250. After programming the tire pressure sensors the flashing interior light went away .

Harley C 02-06-2012 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by swebigmac (Post 68738)
Recently had the same issue with a 2011 F250. After programming the tire pressure sensors the flashing interior light went away .

Thank to all of you guys helping out. I had to take it to a Ford dealer to reprogram the SJB and TPMS. Now the problem is with the cargo light not coming on.

CableXJ 10-19-2016 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by greasemark (Post 66670)
Interesting; haven't seen that particular problem in this chassis recently. A good place to start would be to lube the door ajar switches. They are intergral to the latch(not quite, but close enough to preclude the explaination). Use a silicone spray, and throughly spray the entire latch, and SLAM (not gently) close the door 3-4 times. If you notice the lights comming on again, try wiggling the doors to isolate which it is. This could be a particular switch that isn't quie in adjustment also, in which case the door striker can be adjusted.
If it continues, you'd best take it to a dealer or someone that can monitor the door ajar switches with the doors open and closed, and possibly road testing it to isolate the concern further.
Good luck!

Tried cleaning the the latches. So far, so good.

Antonio Gallardo 12-06-2019 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by FordTech (Post 66803)
Most likely your SJB is trying to tell you something. Its probably warning you of something not communicating with it. If you cant figure it out, your going to have to take it in and have the SJB trouble codes retreived to isolate the fault. I know that when the SJB's are not flashed or configured with the vehicle, they will flash the interior lights until they are. But they could also flash the interior lights when the SJB detects a fault. Faults with the SJB will not neccessarily show any warning lights in the dash, which is probably why its flashing the interior lights.

you right mate. I have the problem with a ford f250, an I try to know if the SJB no good or the fusibles box.
greetings